The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

2008 Gothic Cruise

A discussion of past and future clubs and events. Anything from announcements to decorations and quality.

Topic author
synthgoth
Minauros

2008 Gothic Cruise

Postby synthgoth » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm seriously tempted to go on the 2008 Gothic Cruise. Ronan Harris of VNV Nation will be the DJ! I recently went on the YouCruise with YouTube vloggers and that was a dream vacation. I was really pleased by how well everything went on the cruise. I did not have any problems and nothing went wrong. I know now exactly what to expect.

I want to know if anyone has gone on a previous Gothic Cruise? I think you have to be at least 25 and the age range tends to be older due to the expense and age restrictions but that suites me fine because I'm not a teenager. It might kinda suck going on a cruise alone without knowing anyone.
0 x
Narcissus is peering into a deeper pool.

Somatic Corpse
Minauros

Re: 2008 Gothic Cruise

Postby Somatic Corpse » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm

If anything, you'ld meet someone on the trip to look forward to going on the trip and seeing again. :)
0 x

crossfadevision
Dis

Postby crossfadevision » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Have you heard about the Gothic Cruise for 2009? Talk about a fun time! Modulate, Cruciform Injection, State of the Union. Since all the drinks are included it's definitely worth it. Although, I'm not sure how many people will be sunbathing! LOL. The ship will sail October 11th 2009 from Tampa Florida, for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. Port stops include: Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico, Belize, and Roatan Island. The ship will return to Tampa on October 18th 2009.
0 x
-I don't need to be a useful member of society, I run a goth event. I make people dance. I get people drunk. I allow them the chance to get laid. You can't get any more useful than that.

Mealla
Avernus

Postby Mealla » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Someone who attended in previous years once told me that very few people go on the cruise alone, that most are already "hooked up." Is that true, or are there some singles? Just curious.
0 x

Topic author
synthgoth
Minauros

Postby synthgoth » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 am

Mealla WroteColonSomeone who attended in previous years once told me that very few people go on the cruise alone, that most are already "hooked up." Is that true, or are there some singles? Just curious.

Well I did go on the cruise this year and yes, everyone was with someone or knew some friends from previous trips. I didn't really feel like I fit in and almost wasn't allowed in some of the special events. Maybe I didn't look goth enough. Any way, it was really outrageous! I did not expect everyone to be full on goth the entire time but people wore combat boots and platform shoes, leather, and skimpy dresses. One girl even wore fetish wear to the formal dinner which was pretty daring. The Carnival Cruise Line issued a warning. It certainly exceeded my expectations.
0 x

Mealla
Avernus

Postby Mealla » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 am

Then I take it you'd recommend it to others? I may see about going at some point, but it all depends on money situation and another trip I'd like to take.
0 x

Topic author
synthgoth
Minauros

Postby synthgoth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Mealla WroteColonThen I take it you'd recommend it to others? I may see about going at some point, but it all depends on money situation and another trip I'd like to take.

Yes, I highly recommend the Gothic Cruise. It is worth the money. All of the band members are on the ship for the entire cruise so you see them around. The publishers of Gothic Beauty were there as well.
It was really amusing to see how shocking it all was to the normal people who are just going on their regular cruise. It was quite an adventure.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Clubs / Events”