The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

All things musical here. This is not just 'gothic' music, but industrial, and anything else listened to by members of the gothic community.

Future discussion should now take place in one of the other music forums.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

Yes
64%
No
33%
Who?
3%

Total votes: 152

Satans_bitch
Avernus

Postby Satans_bitch » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:30 am

Last post of the previous page :

HIM is da best all ma m8s reckon im strange cos i lyk em but they rock!:p
0 x

Selena
Stygia

Postby Selena » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:34 am

Satans_bitch WroteColonHIM is da best all ma m8s reckon im strange cos i lyk em but they rock!:p

Sweety, I've noticed this is your first post, but watch out for your writing, please. It's in the rules.
0 x

blckencht
Cania

Postby blckencht » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:52 am

bleeding_sword WroteColonHmm...I like thier first album...and "The Funereal of Hearts" album

The album is called 'Love Metal'.
0 x
"What is fashionable is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what everyone else is wearing."

- Oscar Wilde

Leia
Avernus

Postby Leia » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:59 am

aww, yes sure I like HIM.... :D
0 x
--the angel's wings are trapped in telephone wires /Lycia - The Kite /--

My webiste: htt://www.ahamaane.tk
My forum: http://www.ahamaane.proboards37.com

D-Raven
Stygia

Postby D-Raven » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:13 am

I liked them enough to buy "razor blade romance".
0 x
"Down with Big Brother" - George Orwell, 1984
"Fear is for the enemy" - James O'Barr, The Crow
"People are but porcelain dolls" - myself, Porcelain Dolls

Beautiful Nightmare
Phlegethos

Postby Beautiful Nightmare » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:16 am

I love HIM, i have all their albums/singles :D
0 x
Have you heard I'm singing about you? Look at me I'm fine without you. I'm ok on my own, been out of nowhere.

VaMpiRoX
Dis

Postby VaMpiRoX » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:23 pm

I must say I like HIM very much now! But I admit, I was skeptical about the band at first when i heard about them, and i saw there was hype surrounding the band. And I was not going to be one of those people who "jump on the band wagon".......well not until I heard them first. And my girlfriend has some of their albums, and for good reason.......cuz HIM is awesome! I like Razorblade Kiss, Poison Girl, and their cover of Don't Fear the Reaper the most. It just sucks cuz I don't have an album yet, but from what I hear I want Razorblade Romance first!
0 x
~What would be dark if there was no light?
What would light be without dark?
There would be no dusk if there was no dawn~

Kat
Phlegethos

Postby Kat » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:49 am

I like HIM. They're decent, but I don't love them. My friend is obsessed though. At school: "ohhhh, look at that sexy body" (she can be a little shallow at times :P ). I look over to her computer screen and there I see a google image search for "HIM" and no other than Ville starring. She knows they aren't gothic, but if she loves them to bits, more power to her and all you other HIM lovers.

:P
0 x

AngelicA
Dis

Postby AngelicA » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:44 am

They'll be one of my favorite bands forever... I'm NOT saying that they are the best band in the world, cause they're not, but I'm still emotionally bonded to them.
And they are not gothic (maybe a bit, a long time ago), they are a love metal band and I think it would be reasonable to finally accept this fact.
"Love metal" is not a bad album, but, visually, they really make me sick at the moment... all that fancy stuff is just too much for me.
Has anyone listened their UNPUBLISHED TRACKS (Serpent Ride, Sigilium Diaboli, Borellus...)?! THAT is good stuff. And the first album. I could even call them gothic at the time. Oh, yeah.
0 x
Why do you let me hope
when you give me nothing?
Why do you let me cry
when you don't see my tears?
They are for you,
only you...
Can't you see I love you?
I love you...

VampLauren
Stygia

Postby VampLauren » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:59 am

/div WroteColonHas anyone listened their UNPUBLISHED TRACKS (Serpent Ride, Sigilium Diaboli, Borellus...)?! THAT is good stuff. And the first album. I could even call them gothic at the time. Oh, yeah.

Oh yeah. I adore those, especially Borellus- although that one creeped me out on my first listen :p

They've never once claimed to be a gothic band. Ville Valo has stated in interviews that he does like aspects of the gothic culture, but... I don't really see it in their music much.
0 x
"Never knock on Death's door- ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

An_Odd_ Child
Malbolge

Postby An_Odd_ Child » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:01 am

Angelica: HIM is one of my favorite bands, but I would in no way call them gothic. Soft-core metal, or their self-proclaimed genre of 'Love Metal' is more like it, even for their first album. What do you mean about them making you sick at the moment? I'm not too sure what you mean by that.

I have listened to a few of their unpublished tracks, and they are really awesome, I agree. I wonder where they are from if they are not published and how people got their hands on the songs?
0 x

AngelicA
Dis

Postby AngelicA » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:10 pm

Their new visual image is what makes me sick. I really don't like it, and it all began with that friendship with Bam Margera (well, perhaps somewhat earlier). Ah, and I remember the time when Valo wore black SUITS, and Linde didn't have those dreadlocks...

I have no idea how people got their hands on unpublished tracks, I know I got mine from a friend... along with those cute songs in Finnish that Valo did with the Agents... and that's how I learned to sing in Finnish... :b
0 x
Why do you let me hope

Why do you let me cry

They are for you,

only you...

I love you...

An_Odd_ Child
Malbolge

Postby An_Odd_ Child » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:34 pm

AngelicA WroteColonTheir new visual image is what makes me sick. I really don't like it, and it all began with that friendship with Bam Margera (well, perhaps somewhat earlier). Ah, and I remember the time when Valo wore black SUITS, and Linde didn't have those dreadlocks...

I have no idea how people got their hands on unpublished tracks, I know I got mine from a friend... along with those cute songs in Finnish that Valo did with the Agents... and that's how I learned to sing in Finnish... :b

Oh, suits you say?!?! Wow, if only I had been introduced to them earlier. The whole Bam thing is getting annoying. I see heartagrams and get all excited only to find that BAM is written on the otherside of the shirt. He just adopted the symbol, as his own, which angers me.I don't really have the oppurtunity to get annoyed by HIM's image, they have yet to really make it in Canada so I never see them in the media. Oh well, at least the music is still great. :)
0 x

Manda
Phlegethos

Postby Manda » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:48 pm

I'm a huge HIM fan but I know better than to take it too seriously.
It just makes me happy and they are one of my favorite bands and have been for a long time (BEFORE that stupid ass Bam Margera.)
God...I really dislike him.
0 x

VampLauren
Stygia

Postby VampLauren » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:07 am

Heh heh, just to give my two cents, I too seriously dislike Bam Margera. He irritates me, and I find his obsession with HIM a little unnerving. I'm curious now whether any HIM fan does like him...

/div WroteColonI have listened to a few of their unpublished tracks, and they are really awesome, I agree. I wonder where they are from if they are not published and how people got their hands on the songs?

They're swimming around file sharing programs like Kazaa and Soulseek. Guess we'll never know who got hold of them in the first place ???
0 x
"Never knock on Death's door- ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

AngelicA
Dis

Postby AngelicA » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:37 am

Well, I think that those American new-born HIM fans like Bam, cause he's promoting HIM the most in the USA. So these fans don't really know much about HIM's earlier period and like what they see now... DARN...
0 x
Why do you let me hope

Why do you let me cry

They are for you,

only you...

I love you...

Social Media

Return to “Music / DJs”