The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

All things musical here. This is not just 'gothic' music, but industrial, and anything else listened to by members of the gothic community.

Future discussion should now take place in one of the other music forums.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

Yes
64%
No
33%
Who?
3%

Total votes: 152

spacegoth
Dis

Postby spacegoth » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:41 am

Last post of the previous page :

they are nothing special, a few good tracks & a lot of standard ones

Join Me being their worst i think
0 x

ezoarth
Dis

Postby ezoarth » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:36 am

YES! Oh god YES! I adore them too pieces! Loved them for aggges! I love the music, i love Ville, i love the band, i have yet to see them live (damn australia) can't wait. I am dying of happiness.

:D :) If anyone wants to chat about good old HIM, msg me! (:
0 x
"You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same".

razorblade_romace
Avernus

Postby razorblade_romace » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:54 am

I myself actaully am a huge fan of HIM.....I don't own all the albums.
still like them though....
0 x
as I see the blood begin to run I think to myself is this
the end maybe in another life I will stand on my own again...

bluenaveed
Malbolge

Postby bluenaveed » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:16 pm

Ever since all these preps at my school have become major fans of this band I've started to hate them. It's not that I can't handle liking kinda popular stuff, but they killed it.

"HIM R SO TALNTED LOL"
0 x

An_Odd_ Child
Malbolge

Postby An_Odd_ Child » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:46 pm

I like HIM. I would even still like HIM if Ville were not so stunningly attractive. I find that the songs are really genuine, and they can evoke emotion in me which is a rather good indication of great music in my opinion.
0 x

Pho
Stygia

Postby Pho » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:49 am

Oh god no. I totally dislike the band. I'm finnish myself, HIM is advertised and played everywhere and it's loved by mindless mass teens and it's the #2 band of wannabe goths (number one is The 69 Eyes). I just don't like their style at all, and Ville's voice irritates me. Add the irony lacking lyrics that are filled with death and sorrow and bleeding angels and whatever corny. Even The 69 Eyes sounds better than HIM.
0 x
<a href=http://www.livejournal.com/users/candybat>journal</a>. <a href=http://bodymodifications.net/member/dew/>mods</a>. <a href=http://www.mikseri.net/pho>sounds</a>.

DrXnY
Maladomini

Postby DrXnY » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:04 am

I don't like them at all! They are too mainstream "metal" and their songs are just.... gah! The singer is trying too hard, being on jackass or whatever ( i never like jackass, i think it's just a few "punks" trying to be funny while breaking every bone in their body )
0 x
Can a ghost keep going on a dead end...?

DrXnY
Maladomini

Postby DrXnY » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:10 am

their lyrics are horrible too. I mean, they are a mainstream/over-rated version of cradle of filth ( I LOOOOOVVEEE cradle of filth!!!! )
0 x

Aianiel
Stygia

Postby Aianiel » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:54 pm

/div WroteColonI don't like them at all! They are too mainstream "metal" and their songs are just.... gah! The singer is trying too hard, being on jackass or whatever ( i never like jackass, i think it's just a few "punks" trying to be funny while breaking every bone in their body )

Whatever floats your boat. But can you please keep all those comments to yourself it might affend another person besides me.

I LOVE HIM!! I looove the lead singer's voice. :)
0 x
"The eyes are the windows to the soul"
-unknown

DrXnY
Maladomini

Postby DrXnY » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:55 am

I'm sorry I offended you, I didn't mean to offened anyone, but we're talking about the band i'm just saying what i think.... sorry again
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:32 am

Aianiel WroteColon
/div WroteColonI don't like them at all! They are too mainstream "metal" and their songs are just.... gah! The singer is trying too hard, being on jackass or whatever ( i never like jackass, i think it's just a few "punks" trying to be funny while breaking every bone in their body )

Whatever floats your boat. But can you please keep all those comments to yourself it might affend another person besides me.

I LOVE HIM!! I looove the lead singer's voice. :)

DrXnY: You are more than welcome to speak your honest opinion about the band. That's what discussion is about.

Aianiel: People are not only entitled to their opinions, they are most definitely entitled to actually express them when asked, as we all were in this thread. If you're offended by someone expressing an opinion that opposes yours, tough shit. Get over it.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Riga
Minauros

Postby Riga » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:51 am

Yes I love the music. I have been a fan for ages now. It's actually a bit lighter than other stuff I listen to (metal etc.) But I still like them. And by the way Ville doesn't know that much about goths or anything and he is not trying to be one. And I have to admit I didn't like the third album.. : ( If you want to find a really really fake band then try The Rasmus... They stink in my opinion. Or I just can't stand them.. :(
0 x
- Did I ever hurt you in any way, if I did then hear my apology: FUCK YOU!-

Aianiel
Stygia

Postby Aianiel » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:55 am

/div WroteColonAianiel: People are not only entitled to their opinions, they are most definitely entitled to actually express them when asked, as we all were in this thread. If you're offended by someone expressing an opinion that opposes yours, tough shit. Get over it.

I apologize.... :(
0 x
"The eyes are the windows to the soul"

-unknown

Amalthea
Minauros

Postby Amalthea » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:10 am

i like him. they are nothing extraordinary or unique but i still like listening to their older albums from time to time. unfortunately the group gets more and more reduced to their singer and their music gets more and more reduced to his voice. but maybe that's the best way to sell their music to little girls who want to feel bad and eeeevil... (again it's all about the money)
0 x

lostriots
Malbolge

Postby lostriots » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:10 am

I like HIM. I didn't really get into them until my brother bought me one of their albums for Christmas last year, but they've quickly become a big favourite.

Like a few others said, I prefer their older stuff. I don't think they'll ever top 'Razorblade Romance', for me.
0 x
Last survivor in this cynical world.

twistedfuck
Phlegethos

Postby twistedfuck » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:15 am

I have never seen HIM video on MTV or any other music channel, so I have yet to ever hear anything by HIM. Though there is an interveiw with Ville and Howard of Killswitch Engage in the newest issue of Revolver
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Music / DJs”