The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Hysteria

What's on at the box office? What's good? What's bad? Who is the resident couch potato? ... Its all in here.

Topic author
Midieval Fantasy
Manisha
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Hysteria

Postby Midieval Fantasy » Fri May 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I learned today that there is a movie which is being released today in America called "Hysteria". Apparently it is a limited release and is not being showed where I live (such a shame!)

If you are wondering what it is about then the name might give it away. As many of you may know, Hysteria was the disorder given to women who suffered from stress et al. To help women with this disorder, a vibrator was invented. That is what this movie is about: The invention of the vibrator! It is set in the 1880s and apparent Rupert Everett is in it.

Are any of you planning on seeing this? If you have seen it (it has already been released in many countries) , what is your opinion of it?

Hysteria (Wiki)
0 x
"...To know means to be prepared to know.
Once you find out the truth, there's no going back.
You can't ever go back to being the way you were, blissful and unconcerned.''
-Nezumi; No. 6

Nephele
Administrator
Dark Side Name: Lyrah Lenore Pentacle

Re: Hysteria

Postby Nephele » Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I remember talking about this very briefly last fall. Thanks, Midi, for the news that it's finally being released over here!

I don't think I'll pay money to see it in a theater, but I'll borrow the DVD from my public library when it's available in DVD.

From what I gathered from trailers I watched last year, it looks to me as though the producers/writers did this primarily as a comedy (and rather a goofy one), so I'm going to be a bit skeptical as to how "factual" the treatment of the subject of the development of the vibrator is in this movie. But it still looks like fun. :D

-- Nephele
0 x

Topic author
Midieval Fantasy
Manisha

Postby Midieval Fantasy » Fri May 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes, I wish it would have been more historically based, but you never know. I'm actually a tad bit surprised that such a 'taboo' subject like vibrators has made it to the big screen. I'd go to the theater to see it if it were playing here.

Here is to hoping it will be a great movie!

(and I didn't see that comment in the Jack the Ripper thread I don't think... or I might have known about this movie so much sooner!)
0 x
"...To know means to be prepared to know.
Once you find out the truth, there's no going back.
You can't ever go back to being the way you were, blissful and unconcerned.''
-Nezumi; No. 6

Necromantic_Lovely
Malbolge

Postby Necromantic_Lovely » Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

It definitely sounds interesting, ha ha. :D
0 x
My goth name: Absinthe Winterberry

Papilio enim mortuum puella (butterfly for a dead girl)

Social Media

Return to “Movies / TV”