The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

The Scent Of Goth?

Clothing, boots, makeup, hair care ... everything for the vanity concious. Also a place to discuss sewing and DIY fashion and crafty projects. Shopping questions or recommendations? This is the place!

Topic author
nox_lumen
Minauros

The Scent Of Goth?

Postby nox_lumen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:27 am

So as fall rolls in and the Halloween goodies line the shelves I'm going into incense blending mode again. This is a great time of year to get vials for resins and other ingredients I use in small quantity. Yes, I DO like feeling like a mad scientist when I'm mixing aromatics.

But it's also the time of year I was first told I was goth.Yeah, someone needed to tell me that, and than explain they weren't referring to my ancestry. I didn't know they had a name for when 'The Raven' is what you call your favorite nursery rhyme back then.

The first time I ground up some myrrh and noted it smelled like black leather my next thought was 'It needs white sandalwood because it's what he smelled like'. It's likely that's always going to be my first thought if someone asked me what 'Gothic' smells like. At least for me, that fragrance takes me right back in time ever time I use it.

So what do others think of as the 'scent of goth'? Are there colognes or blended oils that seem ubiquitous to us? Or perhaps the lingering trace of a popular incense? or is it all about personal preferences, a spectrum of aromatic notes shifting constantly with our whims?
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Fashion & Crafts”