The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Best Gothic Clothing Store Online?

Clothing, boots, makeup, hair care ... everything for the vanity concious. Also a place to discuss sewing and DIY fashion and crafty projects. Shopping questions or recommendations? This is the place!

laughingcrow
Malbolge

Re: Best Gothic Clothing Store Online?

Postby laughingcrow » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Last post of the previous page :

Is this one of those "gothier than thou" things (regarding the odd "poozer" thing)?? As for best gothic clothing store online, my opinion is Retroscope, which I know has been mentioned before, but I felt I ought to include something on topic in this post....besides, they contacted me regarding the large order to confirm my identity and that I placed it, they responded to my questions practically immediately, did some changes with no problems--very good customer service. I love them.

Edited for clarification.
0 x
“[...]When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” (-Robert Fulghum)

GothicBfly
Cania

Postby GothicBfly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

I've been looking at stuff at pyramidcollection.com. Some cool stuff there. I sooooo want this:

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy ... No=2&pos=3

I also totally love this dress:

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy ... No=3&pos=9

The stuff isn't cheap. I keep saying maybe....
0 x
"Not all who wander are lost!" J.R.R. Tolkien
"I'm not God. I've seen His job, and I don't want it!" GothicBfly
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." E. Barrymore

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 pm

The thing with Pyramid Collection is, apart from their "exclusives" a lot of the stuff you can find elsewhere, cheaper. Like, their Witchy Shoes for example, I found for half the price on Amazon. Of course not all of it can be found for less, but if there's something in the catalog that strikes my fancy, the first thing I do is look around for a better price on the same object. :)
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Carpathian Dark Princess
Cania

Postby Carpathian Dark Princess » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 pm

I was introduced to the Pyramid Collection back in high school, and I do like some of the products that they carry. But like Luna said, you can some of their more pricey products someplace else for cheaper. I got my sunglasses from there (the purple vamp glasses), and I've been eyeing this pair of boots from there.

Admittedly, I use some of these shops's catologues as a "future to sew" list. I did that with a dress I saw on Gallery Serpentine. >_>
0 x
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." - Leo Tolstoy

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

laughingcrow
Malbolge

Postby laughingcrow » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm

A friend of mine introduced me to Pyramid (he's an old school Goth who was convinced I'd make a great steampunk; he's always giving me tips and pointers). I find they are extreeeemly pricey on most things for my taste, but I did get a beautiful goddess pendant from them that was worth what I pay.
0 x
“[...]When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” (-Robert Fulghum)

wulfgirl_iz_BACK
Minauros

Postby wulfgirl_iz_BACK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 am

Wolfmammy WroteColon
wulfgirl_iz_BACK WroteColonimao, gothic clothing stores are, for the most part, for POOOOzers.

So are sky blue shirts with safety pins. ;)

prove it old chick. as far as i'm concerned--and i think i can call myself a realie, those who aren't creative enough to make what those stores sell are straight-up posers. and sell-outs to boot. you're gonna pay into some "goth" store, wearing what you're expected to wear, buying what all the stereotypes buy, you are a poser and lets hope you don't run into me. Okay? Okay. :mrgreen:
0 x
Them pigs is in the walls again.
I hear 'em, SQUEALIN'.

GothicBfly
Cania

Postby GothicBfly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 am

Oh no....this isn't going to turn out well.

:(

Actually, some of us just don't have the time. That's why I don't do anything fancy. I do have to say I stop in to see what interesting T-shirts they have (love my kitty cat dance shirt, btw). That is the easiest thing for my crazy schedule...black cargos, a t-shirt, and my boots!
0 x
"Not all who wander are lost!" J.R.R. Tolkien
"I'm not God. I've seen His job, and I don't want it!" GothicBfly
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." E. Barrymore

ArcAngel
Nessus

Postby ArcAngel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

Wow, how hypocritical of you, wulfgirl.

How do you begin to preach what is and isn't "poseur", when not only is style SECONDARY in Goth Subculture, but also, as Bfly said, not everyone has time. Or, some can't sew. Or some can sew, but can't sew together a full-out corset. There are many variations I guess you haven't wrapped your juvenile mind around.

And why are you here trying to dictate what is and isn't Goth anyways? You're a teenager who is part of an Emo Forum (as you so preach in your own "About Me" section on here " http://emowire.com/members/xxxdeadwolfxxx.html "), and you listen to Nu-Metal, and call yourself a Goth. Oh, and the only band remotely close to Goth you have on your page is in your DISLIKES!

Please, listen to some REAL Goth music, like Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, Dead Can Dance, Faith and the Muse, and many more. THEN, if you still feel Goth then, your opinion on "poseurs" may mean something.
0 x
"I Witnessed The Black Plague And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt!"
DeviantArt

pyrathas
Stygia

Postby pyrathas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 am

wow

quite frankly I just dress black since I never could keep up with the fashions. and nowadays you are a mall goth if you do, poser if you dont
0 x
when life gives you a lemon you say "What the fuck is this?" and shove it back down lifes throat and say "Yeah Bitch! How you you like them apples?"

ArcAngel
Nessus

Postby ArcAngel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am

pyrathas WroteColonwow

quite frankly I just dress black since I never could keep up with the fashions. and nowadays you are a mall goth if you do, poser if you dont

No, because it's about the MUSIC primarily. ;) You could wear bright pink plastered with Hello Kitty while blaring the Sisters from your headphone, and be more Goth than the kid in black listening to Marilyn Manson could DREAM to be! :P
0 x
"I Witnessed The Black Plague And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt!"
DeviantArt

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm

wulfgirl_iz_BACK WroteColon
Wolfmammy WroteColon
wulfgirl_iz_BACK WroteColonimao, gothic clothing stores are, for the most part, for POOOOzers.

prove it old chick. as far as i'm concerned--and i think i can call myself a realie, those who aren't creative enough to make what those stores sell are straight-up posers. and sell-outs to boot. you're gonna pay into some "goth" store, wearing what you're expected to wear, buying what all the stereotypes buy, you are a poser and lets hope you don't run into me. Okay? Okay. :mrgreen:

Ahem. Thou shalt keep thy threats to thyself. We're not impressed. And if you have a problem with that, there are other places on the net to hang out.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Carpathian Dark Princess
Cania

Postby Carpathian Dark Princess » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm

wulfgirl_iz_BACK WroteColon
Wolfmammy WroteColon

I think some of us need to take a lesson from The Lady of the Manners.
0 x
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." - Leo Tolstoy

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

sgath92
Cania

Postby sgath92 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:41 pm

ArcAngel WroteColonOr some can sew, but can't sew together a full-out corset.

Or, if you use corsets for large reductions for extended periods of time like "waist training," you really need one that's made correctly. There's a reason why corsetry making was a specialized field in the Victorian era, where people who were highly trained made them to order as custom pieces sometimes with multiple fittings to get them just right. People who knew how to sew well did not usually make their own corsets for really tight lacing. Improperly made corsets under that kind of use (like nearing 24/7) can create health problems like throwing your spine out of wack. I would even be tempted to advise against using off-the-rack corsets for that amount of use, and I know there are people out there who do use corsets in that way today.
0 x

Panzer
Minauros

Postby Panzer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm

I dont make my own clothes or buy from any goth stores...
Does this make me more or less of a poser? :P
0 x

Letalis Senium
Cocky Canard

Postby Letalis Senium » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Note that only elite goths are allowed to wear Hello Kitty gear (as HK is the ultimate in hell-spawned evil and is too dark and scary for most goths) or... a green skirt and tights. :wink:

I'm sticking with black. Someone pass me the lint roller?

-LS

EDIT: Viewed WGs emo forum thing (thanks AA). Its just a teenage ego thing, I wish I had her balls-out confidence at that age. Bad manners but forgivable, as long as reality eventually hits and she grows out of it though...
0 x
"Any human anywhere will blossom in a hundred unexpected talents and capacities simply by being given the opportunity to do so."
- Doris Lessing

Jereth Magas, Gothsylvania Minister of Unnatural Resources.

Wolfmammy
GAF

Postby Wolfmammy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Letalis Senium WroteColonI'm sticking with black. Someone pass me the lint roller?

-LS

EDIT: Viewed WGs emo forum thing (thanks AA). Its just a teenage ego thing, I wish I had her balls-out confidence at that age. Bad manners but forgivable, as long as reality eventually hits and she grows out of it though...

Oh, I see. An emo threatening a Goth with Punk tendencies over the internet, how cute. It's been years since anyone's had the cojones to do that in any form.

:lol:

*passes LS the lint roller*
0 x
Merciful Shadows

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Social Media

Return to “Fashion & Crafts”