The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Resurrecting Abandoned Hobbies

Clothing, boots, makeup, hair care ... everything for the vanity concious. Also a place to discuss sewing and DIY fashion and crafty projects. Shopping questions or recommendations? This is the place!

Nightspectre
Malbolge

Re: Resurrecting Abandoned Hobbies

Postby Nightspectre » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Last post of the previous page :

Skull cornbread muffins and evil red beans and rice - a hearty, nutritious part of a Goth's diet. The skulls alone provide 50% daily value of morbidity :twisted: .

I've wanted to make that bleeding heart desert that I've seen floating around the forums for some time now, although I lack a heart-shaped mold.

As far as hobbies go, I'd like to pick up practicing with my balisong (butterfly knife) again. Been so busy lately that I've completely forgotten about it, but things should start to slow down soon.

Other than that, I have a number of DIY projects lined up. One is a shirt (either red or green, short sleeve T-shirt) that I am going to sew fishnets onto and install a zipper down the front so that it can function as a sort of jacket. I'm not too sure about how it's going to turn out.

I also have some old belts that I was going to convert into straps to loop from my bondage belt.

The last one I would like to get around to is a plain black T-shirt that will have removable sleeves via metal zipper. Not sure yet if I'm going to install zippers anywhere else on it. These two shirt projects I have are a big step in my DIY experience, because they will be the first two shirt modifications that I've done.
0 x

Batty
Maladomini

Postby Batty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 am

Wolfmammy WroteColonYep! Those were *my* brownies! :mrgreen: that pan is getting regular use around our house, too. I already made another batch of brownies and Hubz made some mixed berry muffins. Later next week we're gonna make some skull cornbread muffins with red beans & rice(eval red beans and rice!!! \m/). We love that pan.

That's awesome. I have no pans or moulds, so I had to form sugar skulls by hand. I can't be arsed now, until further notice.

Aww, hell with it. I've already posted all my projects elsewhere, but I'm going to put a few oldies here since we're talking abandoned hobbies. And since I'm an attention whore. (These are from a year ago. I will be putting em in any food threads and the comprehensive DIY thread too, since that's what I was saving them for. You have been warned)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8563_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8563_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3684_n.jpg

The sugar skulls I made, on the cake I made - ignore the cracked icing.The cobweb is white chocolate piped from a snipped plastic bag.
0 x
Courtesy of Nephele - Charizma Bullet Strangeway, Luzbel Chainsaw Graymatter at full moon ;)

Wing Commander Batty of the Gothsylvanian Air Force

I need a check up from the neck up, I'm Batty!

Wolfmammy
GAF

Postby Wolfmammy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 am

That is an awesome cake, Batty!!!
0 x
Merciful Shadows

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Seamstress
Dis

Postby Seamstress » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 am

spiderlimbs WroteColonAs does looking at any of my dusty instruments, particularly my cello which needs repair and hasn't been played in nearly 2 years.

I really need to get back into playing my flute, poor thing has been gathering dust since June. :( I also have a skirt that I need to finish, and I have to start on my friends' Christmas presents. I'm just so lazy!
0 x

Minnie d'Arc

Postby Minnie d'Arc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:49 am

I was just starting to get some recording done when my partner fell ill... So my revived hobby is back on the back-burner...
0 x

PoisonGoldfish
Phlegethos

Postby PoisonGoldfish » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 am

I try hard to keep up with my hobbies, although it gives me little actual free time.

I try to practice piano and cello for an hour each every day. Sometimes that occurs at the expense of doing homework immediately, but I always finish my homework eventually.

Writing is easy to keep up with. However, before I started college I would do a novel every National Novel Writing Month, which I do not have time for now. Because of school and work I am mostly restricted to the less time-consuming venture of poetry.

I also try to sew something every once in a while so I can add a new piece to my wardrobe. One thing I have not been able to finish is the bat quilt I started over the summer. I'm hoping to wrap that up this Christmas break.
0 x

laughingcrow
Malbolge

Postby laughingcrow » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Oh lordie quilts and deadlines...I have a penguin quilt and this pink elephant quilt I have to have finished (as in, pieced and sewed as well as quilted) by Christmas. Most of my hobbies have been put on standby for now. XD I want pics of the bat quilt. :P
0 x
“[...]When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” (-Robert Fulghum)

Topic author
spiderlimbs
Nessus

Postby spiderlimbs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:16 pm

As per popular demand I will post my latest jewelry creations:

Necklaces

I have made 4 thus far and I think they are coming out better than any I have done previously. Hopefully I can keep it up!
0 x
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Nephele
Administrator
Dark Side Name: Lyrah Lenore Pentacle
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Postby Nephele » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 pm

spiderlimbs WroteColonAs per popular demand I will post my latest jewelry creations:

Necklaces

I have made 4 thus far and I think they are coming out better than any I have done previously. Hopefully I can keep it up!

I especially like the black glass and pewter one! I'd like to get my mom interested in doing something like that, but her hands shake a lot. Do you need steady hands for stringing the beadwork? I can see it takes an eye for design, too. Are these your own designs, Spidey?

-- Nephele
0 x

Merewena
Maladomini

Postby Merewena » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 pm

spiderlimbs WroteColonAs per popular demand I will post my latest jewelry creations:

Necklaces

Love 'em! My fave is the white one. Etsy?
0 x
Fleotenda ferhð; / Cearo bið genīwad.
"The Wanderer," 54-55

PoisonGoldfish
Phlegethos

Postby PoisonGoldfish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 am

laughingcrow WroteColonOh lordie quilts and deadlines...I have a penguin quilt and this pink elephant quilt I have to have finished (as in, pieced and sewed as well as quilted) by Christmas. Most of my hobbies have been put on standby for now. XD I want pics of the bat quilt. :P

Wow! I wish you the best of luck in finishing that.

As for my bat quilt, I'm doing it entirely by hand so it may be a while before pictures are available. :)
0 x

Terscha
Phlegethos

Postby Terscha » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am

I feel a little better about all my own abandoned hobbies, having read this thread!
I used to be learning to play the bagpipes. I hadn't got off my chanter yet, which is a sort of recorder shaped thing which you use to learn the fingering, but i was pretty close. Then i started high school and the 20min trips to lessons just became too hard for all of us, and it fell by the wayside and i had to give my chanter back to my Uncle when he next came down from Darwin. :( no more chanter. I still miss it, even if my friends said it sounded like i was strangling a duck.
Anyway, as soon as i get settled into uni, or perhaps during my gap year, i plan to buy my own chanter and get back on the ol' horse! :wink: I cant wait! Until then i will satisfy myself with choir. :D
0 x
I'm just shy, really, and I like the peace and quiet-
But I can be scary, if you cross me.

^._.^

This is my little bat, she follows me around.

Topic author
spiderlimbs
Nessus

Postby spiderlimbs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am

@Neph - yes, they are all mu designs and you really do need steady hands to do them. A lot of the beads are really really tiny and even I have a hard time stringing them. My hands get all cramped if I do it for too long as well, but I think it's worth it.

@Merewena - what a great idea! Once I get a good lot of them done I may just get them on Etsy!
0 x

Wolfmammy
GAF

Postby Wolfmammy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm

PoisonGoldfish WroteColon
laughingcrow WroteColonOh lordie quilts and deadlines...I have a penguin quilt and this pink elephant quilt I have to have finished (as in, pieced and sewed as well as quilted) by Christmas. Most of my hobbies have been put on standby for now. XD I want pics of the bat quilt. :P

Wow! I wish you the best of luck in finishing that.

As for my bat quilt, I'm doing it entirely by hand so it may be a while before pictures are available. :)

By hand? You must have a ton of patience! :shock: I made my husband buy me a sewing machinee so that my doll clothes and my own wardrobe wouldn't take so long. :lol: I r impatient.

Spidey those necklaces are cool! I like the big shiny black pendant on the first one.

Terscha, I like the way bagpipes sound(hubz hates them, though). It's a shame you had to give them up.
0 x
Merciful Shadows

Topic author
spiderlimbs
Nessus

Postby spiderlimbs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Wolfmammy WroteColonSpidey those necklaces are cool! I like the big shiny black pendant on the first one.

It's a strange brown/black veined stone. I WISH I had one in all black. Maybe next time I get out to the bead store I'll see if they have anything black and make an all black version of the same one for my homies here. :)
0 x

Wolfmammy
GAF

Postby Wolfmammy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 pm

spiderlimbs WroteColon
Wolfmammy WroteColonSpidey those necklaces are cool! I like the big shiny black pendant on the first one.

It's a strange brown/black veined stone. I WISH I had one in all black. Maybe next time I get out to the bead store I'll see if they have anything black and make an all black version of the same one for my homies here. :)

Awesome! ^_^
0 x
Merciful Shadows

Social Media

Return to “Fashion & Crafts”