The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

scar reduction products

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

Topic author
ECAkeris
Stygia

Postby ECAkeris » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:03 pm

has anyone had any success with any of the various scar reduction products out there, or is it best to just use make-up?

Also, does anyone know how long after the scarring occurs for them to do any good?

Thanks for any help
0 x
Some girls wander by mistake
into the mess that scalpels make

Shelley
Dis

Postby Shelley » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:17 am

I use a product called Bio-oil and it seems to work quite well, changing scars that were red/purple in colour to a less ugly white. It also works on stretch marks and a number of other skin problems. However it is quite expensive at almost £10 for a very small bottle. It won't make scars completely dissappear if they are deep from surgery or whatever but it does reduce how much they stand out.

If you do try it then good luck and beware not to get it onto any clothing etc as it is very greasy and it will leave a stain.

Also if you don't want to try that vitimain E is very good for reducing noticability of scars.

Shelley.
0 x

Topic author
ECAkeris
Stygia

Postby ECAkeris » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:12 pm

the reason I ask is, I have a rather prominant scar following my BCG (?) injection that I wish to make smaller.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into that Bio-oil.
0 x
Some girls wander by mistake

into the mess that scalpels make

Ninsuna
Cania

Postby Ninsuna » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:19 am

I find any product that contains Cocoa butter and (like Shelley said) Vitamin E helps reduce scarring. It's reasonably cheap, most of the time, and there's often a large variety of products that you can try out. (Well, there is where I'm from anyway).

Most scars disappear on their own with time, depending on the size and how deep they are.

Your BCG injection was in your arm right? You could probably cover it with clothing as well, and no-one will know it's there.

Hope that helps, even if this post is a bit late.
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:14 pm

Avocado oil contains proteins which encourage regeneration of scarred skin. If you can find a product that contains this oil, that may be of help.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Narcissa-Mae
Stygia

Postby Narcissa-Mae » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:07 pm

Don't ask me why, but I've found that Nivea moisturising lotion (the blue bottle with the white lid) works wonders if you slather it on at least twice a day. It won't make the scar completely disappear, but it will make it fade.

Your BCG should fade in about five years anyways, though that probably doesn't help much.
0 x
Following the footsteps of a ragdoll dance...

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”