The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Shopping in LA - Any good stores besides Hot Topic?

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

Topic author
Mathias Constantine
Malbolge

Postby Mathias Constantine » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:46 am

Ok, I am going to LA for Christmas, and I would like to know if there are any good placed to go to get good Goth stuff. Hot topic is exempt, because I hate the shit out of it and Spencer Gifts is getting weird. So, does anyone have any suggestions?
0 x

blood_rose
Nessus

Postby blood_rose » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:58 am

Go to Melrose Ave in Hollywood between Highland and Fairfax. The entire street is lined with alternative shops.

~blood rose~
0 x
Goth.Net Samurai of Flaming

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

Topic author
Mathias Constantine
Malbolge

Postby Mathias Constantine » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:51 pm

Strange. I've heard that it's like yuppie-ville on Melrose. . . .
0 x

Flamin_Hot1023
Dis

Postby Flamin_Hot1023 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:56 pm

wow
0 x
~Life sucks and then you Die!
~Fire solves all lifes problems!
~Visit http://www.geocities.com/Flamin_Hot1023/

spiderlimbs
Nessus

Postby spiderlimbs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:02 pm

You'd have to ask Nachty where it it, but Shrine of Hollywood is in the same general area that Blood_Rose mentioned (I think). Lots of really nice, albeit expensive, stuff. I went nutso in there.

~spider
0 x
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Topic author
Mathias Constantine
Malbolge

Postby Mathias Constantine » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:07 pm

That sounds very nice, but I need cheap stuff. Since I'm not staying in a hotel, I don't need to pay for anything. I don't expect to have more than 140$ in my pocket when I get there, so I would like to know the locations of some good cheap stores, please.

PS: Sorry if I sounded a bit snobbish, but I've had a hard day.
0 x

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:38 pm

Mathias Constantine WroteColonThat sounds very nice, but I need cheap stuff. Since I'm not staying in a hotel, I don't need to pay for anything. I don't expect to have more than 140$ in my pocket when I get there, so I would like to know the locations of some good cheap stores, please.

If you want cheap stuff, try scouring thrift stores.

Seriously, you're asking for cheap clothing in LA? That's not exactly going to be all that feasible. Plus most goth stuff is just not cheap, mostly because it's not manufactured by underpaid children in Asia, and mass-produced for a gazillion stores, like Old Navy.

Shrine does have a (50% - or it was when we were there) sales rack, where PreZ and I both scored some nice stuff at a very nice discount.

I wouldn't expect $140 to go too far, unless you hit up a Goodwill really.

Goodwill can be hit or miss, but you can find good stuff when digging through the racks. I found a pair of almost new stiletto pumps with a buckle and steel heel for $6, a purple satin wrap skirt for $3 or so, and PreZ found a nice clubbing shirt for a few bucks as well.

$140 might net you several things from Shrine's sales rack, but still, I wouldn't expect to walk away from any store with loads of clothing.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

blood_rose
Nessus

Postby blood_rose » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:05 pm

Um, $140? How long are you going to be in LA?

Also, I hope you've budgetted out food, transportation, etc. because those things can get very pricey in Los Angeles.

~blood rose~
0 x
Goth.Net Samurai of Flaming

pink versus black - black versus magenta

this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

Topic author
Mathias Constantine
Malbolge

Postby Mathias Constantine » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:16 pm

Like I said, I'm not staying in a hotel or anything, I'm staying with relatives for Christmas, so I don't need to pay for anything like food or transportation, and I can always get more money out of my bank account, but I would prefer not to. Also, I am not looking for clothes; I have plenty of those already. I'm just looking for jewelry, like rings and necklaces and things like that.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”