The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Good Cheap Stores?

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

spiderlimbs
Nessus

Postby spiderlimbs » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:00 am

Last post of the previous page :

Aianiel WroteColon
/div WroteColonAnd even though I know everyone hates Hot Topic, I am going to mention it....

I don't hate Hot Topic. I just hate how pricey it is I usually just go in there to get studs,spikes,patches and band shirts. I just don't like how exspensive they are charging $11 for a spiked bracelet!
My gf bought one at Claire's (a lot of people looked at her :b .) for $5!

Meh - I think I have yet to ever pay full price for a single thing in their store. As for accessories, most of the stuff they sell in there can easily be purchased elsewhere for less. Take their stripey tights, for instance. $10 a pair at Hot Topic versus $3.50/pair here.
It pays to shop around. ;)

~spider
0 x
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

sevenoneathree
Minauros

Postby sevenoneathree » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:03 am

I agree Hot Topic is very expensive. I found some bondage pants at http://www.imderanged.com for less than half the price that it would be at Hot Topic.
0 x
I am dead inside.

Lex Talionis
Stygia

Postby Lex Talionis » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:49 am

Outta interest, does this topic relate only to American stores? I'm in London, England, and therefore hav the bennefits of Camden Town
0 x
Incurable Disease On the Day of Rest,
I'm Walking On Water in a Sea of Incest,
I've Got the Image of Jesus Embedded in My Chest,
I Can't Leave Home Without My Bullet-Proof Vest

Mathias Constantine
Malbolge

Postby Mathias Constantine » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:25 am

Hmmmm.... Randy River is where I bought some of my shit. They don't really have true Goth clothes, but some of the things they have are good: polyester shirts with Maltese Crosses, black pants with chains already attached, hoodies with skulls *coughs**laaaame**coughs* and studded wristbands and anarchy shirts and stuff like that.

If you have one near you, you might want to check it out. I myself rarely ever go there, since the closest Hot Topic is about an hour away, with easy access (despite the fact that I have no car and there is not a single bus company except the coach kind that goes to Vancouver. Damn.)
0 x

Lex Talionis
Stygia

Postby Lex Talionis » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:06 pm

Cool. Yeah, I see those jeans already with trousers, some I see that must weigh the wearer down so much! I mean, one every inch. When I look at those, I always say that they look like the wearer's trying a bit too hard, but I really like them in my head.
0 x

Merewena
Maladomini

Postby Merewena » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Lex Talionis WroteColonOutta interest, does this topic relate only to American stores? I'm in London, England, and therefore hav the bennefits of Camden Town

Mmmmmmm, Camden Town. I'm jealous! I've been to London twice, and each time had but a few scant hours in Camden Town. But I did get some damn cool stuff there, both times.

As far as places I've gone where I actually live: Dillard's frequently has great gothy clothes for the more dressy/romantic look in their clearance special event dresses. I've found a couple of mock corsets and lots of velvet and swooshy long skirts for $10-$20, and they're usually pretty high quality.

I've also found a lot of good stuff at Buffalo Exchange. It's a vintage/used clothing chain (US, mostly western states; the stuff in their online store is WAY expensive) that buys gently used clothes. For that reason, it's hit-or-miss, and sometimes the prices are exhorbitant, but sometimes they've got fabulous stuff for really reasonable prices.
0 x
Fleotenda ferhð; / Cearo bið genīwad.
"The Wanderer," 54-55

Lex Talionis
Stygia

Postby Lex Talionis » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:35 am

Cool, cause I've gotta go into a more romantic style, as at the moment, I need a more varied style - I seem to be all industrial. If you've been to Camden, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw Fair Goth Mother? If you're a girl in England, looking for Goth Clothes, wonderful place. As a guy, myself - there are some good things for men, too - not too many though. If we're thinking American, I found a great website, http://www.fuckthemainstream.com - If only I lived in the good old US of A, I'd be ordering stuff all day and all night.
0 x

Lex Talionis
Stygia

Postby Lex Talionis » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:42 am

(by the way, Fairy Goth Mother also has a web-page - http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk - doozie, really)
0 x

horrorfox
Minauros

Postby horrorfox » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:55 pm

Does anyone know where to get a long black coat?
0 x
Love beyond death.

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:59 pm

horrorfox WroteColonDoes anyone know where to get a long black coat?

1) Don't hijack a thread about one topic to ask an unrelated question.
2) Said unrelated question has already been asked in a million other threads. Use the fucking search button.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Lex Talionis
Stygia

Postby Lex Talionis » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:48 am

Lunamoth WroteColon1) Don't hijack a thread about one topic to ask an unrelated question.
2) Said unrelated question has already been asked in a million other threads. Use the fucking search button.

Ouch
0 x

ShadeParanormal
Avernus

Postby ShadeParanormal » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:15 am

ive found my fav. shirt at fashion bug its a sleaveless with a zipper across the front... but o ya my point u can go to hot topic evry1nce in a wile but drag it out also u can find major friends almost ne were.........o ya a black coat they have those a gksleeves.com
0 x
Come to the dark side
~we have cookies~

omenkid
Dis

Postby omenkid » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:20 pm

try argoth, thats what i use, its really cool.argoth
0 x
if you cheat in life you will have no choice but to cheat in death.

Sailorlove90
Stygia

Postby Sailorlove90 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 pm

I know! Hot Topic is my favorite store, but I just recently began to shop there because I actually had enough money to buy something...I mostly buy earrings..since they're the cheapest things I can afford. I put the expensive things I want on a wishlist and sent it to everyone for the holidays. Heheheehe...I always look in clearance at http://www.hottopic.com

Anyways, Ebay usually has stuff for less. *)
0 x
The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.

horrorfox
Minauros

Postby horrorfox » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:11 pm

Well, I agree Hot Topic is expensive, because I just bought some pair of black pants, and they were 55.00! I just get some earings at Hot Topic. The only cheap stores I know are Ebay and Goodwill. ;P
0 x
Love beyond death.

blckencht
Cania

Postby blckencht » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:51 am

omenkid WroteColontry argoth, thats what i use, its really cool.argoth

We have an Argoth in our town now. It's so teeny tiny.
0 x
"What is fashionable is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what everyone else is wearing."

- Oscar Wilde

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”