The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Manequin Heads - Where does one go about buying one?

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

Topic author
GirlBehindTheMask
Minauros

Postby GirlBehindTheMask » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:40 pm

No luck on ebay so far... I need a manequin head (am I even spelling it right?) as a mask form. I've been using an old pair of glasses to get the eye spacing and a false nose to get the right shape, but my masks still aren't turning out right. (I wonder why? *sarcastic*) I haven't had much luck with net searching either.
0 x
"Masquerade; paper faces on parade. Masquerade, hide your face where the world may never find you." ~Masquerade, Phantom of the Opera

scarlettdraelynkhar
Nessus

Postby scarlettdraelynkhar » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:35 pm

I did a search on E-bay for "mannequin head" and came up with 241 items. Also try search for wig display heads/busts.
0 x
~Scarlett, former wearer of green

Topic author
GirlBehindTheMask
Minauros

Postby GirlBehindTheMask » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:17 pm

okay, so i'm really new to ebay... thanks
0 x
"Masquerade; paper faces on parade. Masquerade, hide your face where the world may never find you." ~Masquerade, Phantom of the Opera

Ken Flackner
Avernus

Postby Ken Flackner » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:33 pm

I never 'bought' a dummy head before. HEHEH, that was a good laugh me and few people had. People were so scared of our gothness that they didn't care that we took the head. Then we left it naked. Oh man, totally got back at society doing that!
0 x

scarlettdraelynkhar
Nessus

Postby scarlettdraelynkhar » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 am

Ken Flackner WroteColonI never 'bought' a dummy head before. HEHEH, that was a good laugh me and few people had. People were so scared of our gothness that they didn't care that we took the head. Then we left it naked. Oh man, totally got back at society doing that!

Yes. I am in awe of your gothy coolness. </sarcasm>

Thanks for helping give the subculture a bad name. Now, go read the Board Rules & Etiquette thread, and try to keep on topic, 'kay?
0 x
~Scarlett, former wearer of green

Xelandria
Malbolge

Postby Xelandria » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:43 am

As far as I know most hairdressing and beauty academies sell them fairly cheaply. If they make sales exclusive to students only then it couldn't hurt to ask where they order them from.
0 x
Living plants are flexible,
In death, they become dry and brittle.

Therefore, stubborn people are disciples of death, but
Flexible people are disciples of life.

-Lao Tzu

Numen
Maladomini

Postby Numen » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 am

Have you tried walking into a local shop and asking for one? They might not have any ones available but they should be able to tell you how to get your hands on one and if that doesn't work because say, for example, they only buy their mannequins en masse then they might be able to promise to give/sell you one once they're done with the mannequins.

Don't forget to post any succesful creations you make in 'Fashion&Crafts". Good luck.

Numen - likes a direct route
0 x
I used to scintillate. Now I only sin till seven.

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”