The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Neutrogena Acne Mask & Other Products - Acne Product Reviews

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

Natalie13
Malbolge

Postby Natalie13 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:10 pm

Last post of the previous page :

Oops I am so sorry about that. I did not know I was not allowed to do that. :(

Going to the dermotologist is expensive, but other Neutrogena products had actually worked on me (or was it Noxema?...)
0 x
Goth is beautiful

"What is so irritating about love is that it is a crime that requires an accomplice" ~C. Baudelaire

Topic author
scarlettdraelynkhar
Nessus

Postby scarlettdraelynkhar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:13 pm

Lilith WroteColon
scarlettdraelynkhar WroteColonHonestly, last night, I felt like my skin was a bit dry, but it was nothing major. This morning, however, I woke up with mild redness and slight burning. It's obvious to me that this product is probably not appropriate for daily use. In fact, I probably wouldn't use it weekly.

I don't think any face mask is for daily use really. I would personally use a mask at most once a week or so... usually it ends up being once every so many months, because I usually forget to do masks ;)

It's also important to use some kind of toner or lotion after a mask, and then to moisturise, as I find that they nearly always make the skin feel dry.

Lilith

I should have clarified. While I use even the most gentle masks about once every 2 weeks, the instructions on the Neutrogena mask stated it should be used daily. That's why I referred to daily use. I never actually tried using it daily (and I never will).

I've never actually used the Proactiv line yet. I've considered it for years, but I just haven't done it. All in all, I don't have the problems I used to have, but maybe I should finally give it a try.
0 x
~Scarlett, former wearer of green

Zomboi
Dis

Postby Zomboi » Sun May 08, 2005 8:51 pm

Alright, here I am almost into March 9th and I am down to 5 spots, that's it. I can actually count how many I have now and my self confidence is probably higher than is healthy in an 18 year old male (I'm not a cocky jerk, but anyway). So basically it started out improving the quality of my skin and once I had an all over smoothness going the majority of acne faded along with it.

The main trick is to remain diligent in applying the different items included in the box, although I do often forget to use the mask. Also, if you're worried about getting your money's worth......don't, I've been using this stuff for nearly a month and still have a little over halfway left. It really is incredible stuff and the price is right (even though it does seem overpriced at first). All in all an excellent product that I would recommend to everyone, especially us with really sensitive skin.

On a side note, when I bought my 4-step system I also got a free shampoo and conditioner to use for taming any dander problems one might have. As it was I didn't have dandruff, but the shampoo and conditioner do make hair soft and keep your scalp from ever getting itchy. One last complexion word of advice, if your skin tends towards redness like mine, sleep with a fan running on medium to full blast blowing right on your face, I find that it helps pale out my complexion greatly.

As always feel free to ask any questions and good luck to all!
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Mon May 09, 2005 10:06 am

And just so there's no question, Zomboi is talking about Proactiv, not Neutrogena. ;)

I'm really glad to hear it's working for you. It's nice to hear a success story like this.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Topic author
scarlettdraelynkhar
Nessus

Postby scarlettdraelynkhar » Mon May 09, 2005 12:57 pm

Note: I have edited the thread title to more accurately reflect the discussion of the thread.

On a humorous, yet pretty much unrelated sidenote, I was shopping for sunscreen the other day, and, upon choosing a Neutrogena product from the limited selection of SPF 45 or above, I actually used the words, "I'll go with the Neutrogena. I usually like their products." The humor of that didn't strike me until just now (considering the mask was the last Neutrogena product I used).

Edited By scarlettdraelynkhar on 1115668863
0 x
~Scarlett, former wearer of green

skimp
Stygia

Postby skimp » Mon May 09, 2005 1:14 pm

If you want a product to stay dead clear of, stay clear of Clean & Clean Deep Cleansing Cream Wash. Put it on (two separate occasions) and all I could feel was my face burning. It's not a mask and designed for "daily use", but I'd say it's never to be used. I have relatively tough skin (it's not sensitive or anything), yet this still was just plain sore.

However, if you happen to live near Kingston (in London) there's a shop called Lush (don't know if they're anywhere else in the world/country) which do all kinds of good, natural products. Their face masks work well (except that the first time I left it on for 6 times too long :p )

- skimp
0 x

Gothic Goddess
Stygia

Postby Gothic Goddess » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:04 pm

I honestly don't like any of the acne products...I think they made my face worse...or more oilier...I just started using something(sorry, forgot the name)...but that's just to only clean my face...and also an exfoliant, and my face is actually doing quite well, but maybe it could also be because I'm wearing less makeup than I used to...no clue...I like face masks...but need some time to do them...lol I used proactive once...it worked alright, but it kind of left my face greasy looking...and I didn't have the money at the time when I had face problems to buy more of it...
0 x
No one is going to ruin me, if I have to, I will ruin myself, and it will be my ruin.
-Goth Kitten-
-Princess of Darkness-
-Gothic Goddess-

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”