The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

my new gifts from roomate *smiles*

Tell the world about your new purchases! Got any rants or raves about stores or products that you'd like to share? Here's the place!

This discussion should now take place in the Fashion and Crafts forum.

Topic author
SerenityRoseKnight
Phlegethos

Postby SerenityRoseKnight » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:00 pm

my new Foamy tshirt

His new Foamy tshirt

my new Skirt

okay yea so hottoppic is the only real store around here... but that skirt was the last they had and i feel inlove with it and it actualy fits *sighs* which is surprising ... because i normally have to go to torrid .. but ive not been to one in a while so *shrugs* ... just thought i share my good fortune with everyone .. take it all with a grain of salt.. and brush it off your shoulder
0 x

vialick
Cania

Postby vialick » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:19 pm

Well I must say the're pretty damn good (I'm inexperienced with hot topic, so I still haven't figured out what all the abuse is about)
0 x
In a crust-ification ecstasy, sandwich press on product wheat
Foccacia need continuously extra Tomato, cheese and wait for me
Foccacia are you sore inside, foccacia in their bag with lines
Look to your moistened orrifice in holy rememberence, in hungered bliss

Foccacia Martyr

miss_gina
Stygia

Postby miss_gina » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:51 am

They seem like lovely things. The T-shirt is funny.
I love getting presents I actually like! It makes me put extra effort into other peoples pressies too.
I also don't know anything about Hot Topic. They don't have it over here (Australia), to my knowledge.
0 x
life is one funny pumpkin

vialick
Cania

Postby vialick » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:09 am

Nope no Hot Topic in Australia...I think the're sort of a Supre but "goth"
0 x

Foccacia Martyr

Tristanna
Stygia

Postby Tristanna » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:12 am

OMG i am in love with that skirt, it would be soooooooo cute with a corset. I want it but shipping over here is alot more than it actually would cost them *cries*
0 x

spiderman
Cania

Postby spiderman » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:54 am

Okay, I have 2 questions about Hot Topic simply because we don't have it in Canada:
1)Why is Hot Topic so hated and known among goths in other countries?
2)How wide spread is it?

From what I hear, it sounds like a swarm or a disease more than anything else, but as SerenityRoseKnight just showed us, they do sell good things. Is everything there cheap in quality or just expensive?
0 x
~ Express your passions with PASSION!!!

StacysMom
Avernus

Postby StacysMom » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:12 pm

Hot Topic is a terrible store, mainly because it makes people think that if they dress a certain way, then it makes them something. If someone buys a black shirt and a black pants from Hot Topic, they're all like "OMFG I'M SOOOO GOTHIC LIKE WOAH IS ME"
0 x

vialick
Cania

Postby vialick » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:05 pm

Ahh, I thought it may have been something like that...though some of their clothing does look alright
0 x

Foccacia Martyr

Topic author
SerenityRoseKnight
Phlegethos

Postby SerenityRoseKnight » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:39 pm

yea something like that .. but i normally cant fit into there clothes .. so ive been to Torrid .. the pluss sized version of it .. got some kewl offits.. black with rose prints and a over coat that matches..

my roomie gets a few things from there .. but .. he usuallly modifies it to match his own needs... ie takes sleeves off .. slashes in the back of shirts.. and slashes in the top thigh of his jeans *melts* .. er umm .. yea
0 x

hafez
Avernus

Postby hafez » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:54 pm

i really like the shirts. they're hilarious
0 x

kitsune
Cania

Postby kitsune » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:07 pm

Looks like you got some good stuff; I love that skirt. Who cares where it came from as long as you like it.
0 x
I'm going to die now. . .

splicer
Phlegethos

Postby splicer » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:02 pm

You've sort of got a point there. As long as you like it, it doesn't matter where it is from. But I don't like to buy things that are made as a "line" of clothing. But funny shirts are just good.
0 x
Pain, torment, torture, and fear
You hear it all yet you turned a deaf ear
I stopped caring so long ago
But you're so blind you still don't even know

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:27 pm

spiderman WroteColonOkay, I have 2 questions about Hot Topic simply because we don't have it in Canada:
1)Why is Hot Topic so hated and known among goths in other countries?
2)How wide spread is it?

From what I hear, it sounds like a swarm or a disease more than anything else, but as SerenityRoseKnight just showed us, they do sell good things. Is everything there cheap in quality or just expensive?

The answers to your questions have actually been answered a huge number of times on these forums. It's the reason why bringing up the topic at all is much cause for teeth gnashing amid many members. Not because of the store itself, but because it comes up so damn much. Essentially, some people resent the idea that what was once obscure (certain fashions) and hard to come by is now accessable by everyone. Kind of like when your favourite underground band suddenly has a video on TRL.

If you'd like a hint of what their store is like, just take a look at their website.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

blckencht
Cania

Postby blckencht » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:40 am

Does anyone know if they'll deliver to the UK? Or if any site selling Foamy tshirts (or anything really) will deliver to here. I haven't found any UK sites yet that sell anything from Neurotically Yours and my sister has gone mad on Foamy so it'd be cool if I could get hold of something for her for christmas (thinking ahead) - it's either that or a Mary Kate and Ashley film and frankly I'd rather not encourage her to watch those sugar coated plotless films. X)
0 x
"What is fashionable is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what everyone else is wearing."

- Oscar Wilde

Ninsuna
Cania

Postby Ninsuna » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:01 pm

blckencht WroteColonDoes anyone know if they'll deliver to the UK? Or if any site selling Foamy tshirts (or anything really) will deliver to here. I haven't found any UK sites yet that sell anything from Neurotically Yours and my sister has gone mad on Foamy so it'd be cool if I could get hold of something for her for christmas (thinking ahead) - it's either that or a Mary Kate and Ashley film and frankly I'd rather not encourage her to watch those sugar coated plotless films. X)

Yeah i was wondering if they would deliver to the UK. i love that skirt, some of the things seems ok, the foamy t-shirts are pretty cool. its really hard to find anything decent in the UK sometimes.
And dont buy her a Mary-kate and Ashley film.....i think a foamy t-shirt sounds a much better idea!
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Shopping”