The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Boxes under my name... - can I ever get rid of them?

For people who need help with any part of GOTH.NET, from the web site, to the forum, to how to change your password, and anything else that's vexing you.

Topic author
Frozen Silence
Malbolge

Postby Frozen Silence » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:41 am

...Hey, I was just wondering why I still have these little boxes under my name after a year or two of being good... they make me pretty sad... I said I was sorry a long time ago... and I can't take them away on my profile, so it must be something that only a mod can do... I would appreciate it if somebody would get rid of them for me...

-fs-
0 x
...if you do not know already, you shall never know...

Topic author
Frozen Silence
Malbolge

Postby Frozen Silence » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:09 am

Hey, thanks to whom ever removed those boxes for me... I really appreciate it, and now I don't think I'll be so shy about posting anymore.

-fs-
0 x
...if you do not know already, you shall never know...

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:19 pm

Frozen Silence WroteColonHey, thanks to whom ever removed those boxes for me... I really appreciate it, and now I don't think I'll be so shy about posting anymore.

-fs-

No problem.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

ADeadFinch
Minauros

Postby ADeadFinch » Wed May 12, 2004 9:10 am

so what ARE those little boxes anyway...? (If you don't mind me asking.)
0 x
Not everyone who wanders is lost

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Wed May 12, 2004 9:43 am

They are warning pips given by a moderator or administrator. They are not given lightly, but only after the person has been warned verbally first to stop whatever it is they are doing that's pissing people off. Once you get 5, you can no longer post.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Vivisector
Cania

Postby Vivisector » Wed May 12, 2004 10:56 am

Hey, hook a brotha up with dat box removal fo shizzle.
0 x
My Music
1.) You lock the target.
2.) You bait the line.
3.) You slowly spread the net.
4.) You catch the man.
5.) ??????
6.) PROFIT!

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Wed May 12, 2004 7:17 pm

Vivisector WroteColonHey, hook a brotha up with dat box removal fo shizzle.

I removed yours a while ago, in case you hadn't noticed.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Vivisector
Cania

Postby Vivisector » Fri May 14, 2004 4:59 pm

Indeed I didn't

Danke.
0 x
My Music
1.) You lock the target.
2.) You bait the line.
3.) You slowly spread the net.
4.) You catch the man.
5.) ??????
6.) PROFIT!

theangelofdeath
Malbolge

Postby theangelofdeath » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:11 am

would it be possible for me to have mine removed too?
Glitch xxx
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:13 am

FS and Vivi have been on the forums for years without incident. It may take some time before yours is removed.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

vialick
Cania

Postby vialick » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:08 pm

Lunamoth WroteColonThey are not given lightly, but only after the person has been warned verbally first to stop whatever it is they are doing that's pissing people off.

Interrestingly enough I never got such a warning...though I do realise that what I did was pure stupid. Any chance on myself being set free of the evils of this mark (that just isn't my colour)
0 x
In a crust-ification ecstasy, sandwich press on product wheat
Foccacia need continuously extra Tomato, cheese and wait for me
Foccacia are you sore inside, foccacia in their bag with lines
Look to your moistened orrifice in holy rememberence, in hungered bliss

Foccacia Martyr

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:48 am

vialick WroteColon
Lunamoth WroteColonThey are not given lightly, but only after the person has been warned verbally first to stop whatever it is they are doing that's pissing people off.

Interrestingly enough I never got such a warning...though I do realise that what I did was pure stupid. Any chance on myself being set free of the evils of this mark (that just isn't my colour)

If I recall correctly, yours was for backseat modding which is a sticky posted Bad Thing. That serves as everyone's verbal warning, because we got sick of repeatedly telling each individual to knock it off. That would be why.
0 x
-John Keats

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:49 am

Pips get removed or reduced at my discretion. Not by request.

The two people who requested their removal had had them for months.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

vialick
Cania

Postby vialick » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:28 pm

Lunamoth WroteColon
vialick WroteColon

If I recall correctly, yours was for backseat modding which is a sticky posted Bad Thing. That serves as everyone's verbal warning, because we got sick of repeatedly telling each individual to knock it off. That would be why.

Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that as a complaint about recieving it...I did deserve it. I was just curious about the "warning" that was said to be given previously to pip recievers.
0 x
In a crust-ification ecstasy, sandwich press on product wheat

Foccacia need continuously extra Tomato, cheese and wait for me

Foccacia are you sore inside, foccacia in their bag with lines

Look to your moistened orrifice in holy rememberence, in hungered bliss

Foccacia Martyr

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:51 am

vialick WroteColonPlease don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that as a complaint about recieving it...I did deserve it. I was just curious about the "warning" that was said to be given previously to pip recievers.

Moderators have a "warn" option at the bottom of each post on the forums. If they hit that, they have the option of filling in a text warning in a textbox, as well as checking a box that says "increment user's warning level". If they don't fill in anything in the text area, then no written warning gets sent to the user in regards to the thread, and if the box is checked a pip gets added. Sometimes no written warnings are given and pips are added instantaneously.

Aside from that, the forum rules are made very very clear, receiving an extra warning either in pm or on the boards is more of a courtesy than anything else.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

Social Media

Return to “Help”