The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Gaming is looked down on

'Tis sad but true, that the goth scene has A LOT of GothGeeks ... so we had to give them their own little playpen, lest they took over everywhere else!

thetragicclown
Nessus

Re: Gaming is looked down on

Postby thetragicclown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:54 am

Last post of the previous page :

Agent Bat WroteColonI've played WoW, STO and several other MMOs off and on for years, and I've never seen behavior like that before (except for - and I hate to harp on 'em, but it's true! - Xbox Live).

I saw plenty of bad behaviour on WoW in the time I played it. Nothing over-the-top racist or grotesquely offensive mind you, what with Blizzard being quite strict on that sort of thing, but I'd wager there are just as many morons in WoW as there are on Xbox Live. I never saw as much of it on the Horde side of things though; and no I'm not being a "FOR THE HORDE!" fanboy here either. The Alliance does have more than it's fair share of cretins and weirdos. The things I saw in Stormwind and *shudder* Goldshire...

zoldos WroteColonI've played many MMOs over the years starting with Ultima On-line but I have to be honest, I've never seen anything like what you described.

I have many fond memories of Ultima Online. Its skill-based character progression was still better than the standard level-based system every other MMO on the planet uses.
0 x
V4VG.net - A British Gaming Blog

zoldos
Malbolge

Re: Gaming is looked down on

Postby zoldos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 am

Coolness. It was my first MMO and I was hooked after that! :)
0 x
-=<>=-

Social Media

Return to “GothGeeks”