The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Sapphire Dream's musings.

A place for Board users to put up their writings, art, websites etcetera for all to see and comment on or for general feedback, or to put up a promo for their website.

Topic author
SapphireDreams
Maladomini
Dark Side Name: Avannah Jadeshine
Flag: Great Britain

Postby SapphireDreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello peeps, here's some of my poetic ramblings. Enjoy! (The first one is inspired by Whisper by Evanescence, the second one is me exorcising the memory of my ex-boyfriend.)

Death In Its Most Hideous Form.

The dark night sky swallows the light,
Dark shadows move about my room,
Whispered screams escape from my lips,
As cold fingers close around my heart.
Death is coming for me, that terrifying spectre,
It is time for me to say goodbye to this life,
To this world of pain and hatred,
And time to say hello to the next life,
A world of eternal darkness and neverending slumber.
This life we love so much will become nothing,
Nothing but dust and ashes.
This world will slip away from us,
As we fall through darkness,
Never to wake again.
It is time for me to go,
Goodbye…

Hello, Hello, Remember Me?

Do you remember me,
Or have you forgotten my name?
Do you remember what you did to me,
All those long years ago?
How can you live with yourself,
How can you sleep at night,
When you know the pain you put me through,
All those long years ago?
Now I’m letting it all go.
Yes, you hurt me, so so much,
But I have moved on with my life.
I do not need your permission, my dear,
To live my life the way I want to.
The best revenge I can have is a life well lived.
I’m doing just that, and forgetting you.
And you’ll never hurt me again.
And I forgive you.
5 x
Don't wanna be the one to walk away,
But I can't bear the thought of one more day,
I think I finally understand what it means to be lost.
Evanescence, Oceans.

Topic author
SapphireDreams
Maladomini
Dark Side Name: Avannah Jadeshine
Flag: Great Britain

Postby SapphireDreams » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:32 am

I wrote this last night (and cried like a baby while both writing it out and typing it up.) It took me about ten minutes, and is based on the Evanescence song of the same name. And the timeline bounces around a bit, a bit like the song.

My Last Breath.

It’s summertime. In a back garden surrounded by trees a young woman holds hands with her boyfriend and they spin. The sunlight sparkles, the air is golden. The trees and grass have never looked so green nor the sky so blue…

Three months later, as the leaves fall from the trees, she lies on a hospital bed, her body ravaged by an unknown disease that the doctors cannot treat. She’s dying, every breath she draws is laboured and painful, but she holds her last breath deep within herself.

He lies on the bed next to her, cradling her in his arms. Silently he weeps, already mourning her and the life they dreamed of. They wanted marriage and children…And then there is the sorrow of a life ripped from this earth far too soon. They were so happy together, but now it will soon be over. This will be their last night together in this life.

She speaks, barely above a whisper, struggling with every breath and against the tears that threaten to spill. “I’m not afraid love. I love you and I’ll miss you. I’ll miss the winter too. I’ll come back and visit you then, I promise. Look for me in the forest after the first snowfall. I’ll be hiding in the hollow tree.”

He does as she asks, and once the snow has fallen and the world seems full of such fragile beauty he goes into the forest. He feels her there, she is there. He can hear her, her voice, her laughter, and he can smell the perfume she used to love to wear. And if he concentrates hard enough, he can see her.

She knows he hears her as his arms tighten around her. She can almost taste it in his tears. And now she’s crying too.

He dreams of her every night, praying that he never has to leave her side and he can stay here forever. But he wakes every morning and knows the truth, that she’s not there. And then the tears fall, as he thinks of an empty life that he cannot bear without her.

He says “Goodnight.” She says “Goodbye my love, please don’t be afraid.” He calls her name as she slips from this world. Her vision dims and he fades to black. Her last breath escapes from her lips. She flatlines, it’s over.

But her last thought of him is on that golden summer’s day when they were so happy and the sun shone so brightly.
2 x
Don't wanna be the one to walk away,
But I can't bear the thought of one more day,
I think I finally understand what it means to be lost.
Evanescence, Oceans.

Weaxzezz
Nessus
Flag: Sweden

Postby Weaxzezz » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 am

I like that I'm not alone in writing stories based on songs! Or maybe it's the songs that write themselves into the stories that exist in my head. Anyway, compliments on the lovely interpretation.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “User submissions, promos & feedback”