The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Thoughts and Sharing Thread

A place for discussion that's not necessarily of a Gothic nature.

MercurialMe
Nessus
Dark Side Name: Baccheia Jafee Skysong
Flag: United States of America

Postby MercurialMe » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 am

Latest post of the previous page:

SapphireDreams WroteColonQr Bbpost Oh dear, what happened Dax?

I had to laugh on Sunday, Evanescence came up in conversation and someone (an adult male) was talking about how scary they are, and how he thinks they're more on the heavy metal side of music. (*looks at CD collection, cackles evilly*) I listen to bands that are a lot scarier than Evanescence. And Amy Lee herself is way too adorable to be scary. I'm also sure her young son doesn't think she's scary. Yes some of their songs are pretty dark (I think the worst one is The Last Song I'm Wasting On You, because that is just raw pain,) but she writes about things that have happened in her life, which hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows, (has anybody's? No, I didn't think so.)
If someone thinks Evanescence is scary or hard music they must've lived a VERY sheltered life. BTW: *high five* on the nail polish :D

Something fun to share: (not usually a buzz feed person but the list was darkly delightful) https://www.buzzfeed.com/ninamohan/18-s ... ign=buffer
0 x
~Be The Strange You Wish To See In The World~

SapphireDreams
Maladomini
Dark Side Name: Avannah Jadeshine
Flag: Great Britain

Postby SapphireDreams » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Mercurial, Utah Mormons, I think it's like some kind of twilight zone over there. I have visions of me visiting there and feeling very odd and out of place. :? Yay, they're so sparkly! (The nail polishes, not Mormons, though it was a Mormon who gave the world sparkly vampires!) Oh goodness, I think the least inoffensive band I listen to are The Rasmus, because Laurie is freaking adorable! <3 Linkin Park have started using swearwords, otherwise they'd be second, then Within Temptation, then Evanescence. Cradle of Filth are just weird, Korn and Slipknot remain awesome, then there are a bunch in between. Anyway, my music taste was pretty much set in the middle of the last decade and now it's stuck. Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Dax, I know what you mean. The world has gone crazy!
1 x
Don't wanna be the one to walk away,
But I can't bear the thought of one more day,
I think I finally understand what it means to be lost.
Evanescence, Oceans.

DaxWills
Malbolge

Postby DaxWills » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:40 pm

It's ok the republicans just put forth a plan to fix social security by taking away half the benefits people receive. If that passes I'll be a causality of buerocracy as it's simply not enough to live on. Even now it's not enough but with help from family and a little side work I get by. But just barely.

To think all this insanity and trump isn't even president yet.
0 x
Why I've believed in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:49 am

I don't know what to say, other than I am very very sorry. :( It's the same the world over, conservative governments seem to like kicking the poorest in society when they're already down. I wish I knew why that was a thing. Fuckers.
0 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

MercurialMe
Nessus
Dark Side Name: Baccheia Jafee Skysong

Postby MercurialMe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:00 pm

SapphireDreams WroteColonQr Bbpost I don't know what to say, other than I am very very sorry. :( It's the same the world over, conservative governments seem to like kicking the poorest in society when they're already down. I wish I knew why that was a thing. Fuckers.
Sadly there's always money to be made from human suffering and people morally bankrupt enough to do it.

On a more positive note: I braved the madhouse that was my local grocery store last night (because we're having a snow storm today so people lost their minds) and managed to score some hot cocoa makings (Sapphire gave me a craving) but they seemed to be out of marshmallows (except those nasty fruit flavored ones) so there I was in a black lace skirt & velvet leggings kneeling on the dirty ground in the baking isle with my entire upper torso under the bottom shelf looking for regular mini marshmallows when I found s'more marshmallows (They're square and flat I didn't even know they existed but at least they were plain) ... That's commitment to cocoa 8-)
1 x
~Be The Strange You Wish To See In The World~

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:10 pm

Hehehehe, sorry about that. :D I had some hot cocoa today with pumpkin spice syrup, it's not as good as Starbucks, but it's still pretty nice. :) I hope your skirt didn't get too dirty!
1 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

Noise part II
Stygia
Dark Side Name: Rain Blacksolstyce

Postby Noise part II » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:10 pm

SapphireDreams WroteColonMercurial, Utah Mormons, I think it's like some kind of twilight zone over there. I have visions of me visiting there and feeling very odd and out of place.

I don't know.. Utah mormonism mixed with darkness can go down a interesting road like Eagle Twin :twisted:

SapphireDreams WroteColonAnyway, my music taste was pretty much set in the middle of the last decade and now it's stuck. Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Like what you like! I can say the sameish thing about the 90's.. stuff just seemed more fun then.. but I'm a jaded person that due to a life spent obsessed with music looking for some actually new and being disappointed 86% of the time..

SapphireDreams WroteColonDax, I know what you mean. The world has gone crazy!

yeah...
1 x

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Speaking of the world going crazy, the Russian ambassador to Turkey was shot dead in Ankara today. What the fuck is going on out there? This is actually quite scary. And then there's all the stuff floating around about the world being closer to all out nuclear war than it's ever been. I try to not let that get to me (I read Children of the Dust when I was thirteen, that made me feel quite scared) but... Quick! Think of lippies and kitties and holographic nail polish! And breathe... Yeah, if it happens it happens. I am not going to bother trying to survive, they'll be nothing worth trying to survive for left. That's an incredibly maudlin post, but there we go. I occasionally get very scared about the way the world is heading, but there is nothing I can do about it. And then I go back to normal and think about fluffy things again. Like guinea pigs.
0 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

DaxWills
Malbolge

Postby DaxWills » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:17 pm

SapphireDreams WroteColonSpeaking of the world going crazy, the Russian ambassador to Turkey was shot dead in Ankara today. What the fuck is going on out there? This is actually quite scary. And then there's all the stuff floating around about the world being closer to all out nuclear war than it's ever been. I try to not let that get to me (I read Children of the Dust when I was thirteen, that made me feel quite scared) but... Quick! Think of lippies and kitties and holographic nail polish! And breathe... Yeah, if it happens it happens. I am not going to bother trying to survive, they'll be nothing worth trying to survive for left. That's an incredibly maudlin post, but there we go. I occasionally get very scared about the way the world is heading, but there is nothing I can do about it. And then I go back to normal and think about fluffy things again. Like guinea pigs.

All that it takes for the evils of the world to prosper is for good people to stand by and do nothing. Just because the events unfolding around us seem so grand in scale and so overwhelming isn't a reason that we can do nothing about it. Just food for thought.
0 x

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Oh I know that, even small things are not doing nothing, I try to make my little corner of the world a better place. I'm just thinking worst case scenario. If things really kicked off and escalated quickly and the powers that be decided on all out nuclear war I'm not sure what anyone could do about it. Hopefully that isn't going to happen, because I don't think anyone would win. If it did happen I would really be screwed, there's about five RAF air bases (some which are also used by the US air force) that I know of in my area. It's why I know so many Americans. I had a little cry last night and now I feel better (despite not getting much sleep, which is completely unrelated to this, I just couldn't get back to sleep after waking up at about half past four this morning!)
0 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

Red_Ink_Cat
Stygia

Postby Red_Ink_Cat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 am

Oh, happy day, the forums seem to be working again! :mrgreen:

I will admit that I did go off and wander around a few other ones during that lull where nothing on here was loading for me faster than 15 minutes a page. But that reminded me of why I cannot stand pretty much anyone else on the internet but you lovely people. :)

Also, I know what you mean Sapphire. I live pretty close to what would be some super high-priority navy bases and one big-ass city. The Husband and I were chatting about what would happen, and he figured we would have maybe 20 minutes time to GTFO off into the national park before a bomb hit, but we would still probably be in the blast radius anyway... so, turn around and watch the impending wall of fire it is then.

DaxWills WroteColonQr BbpostAll that it takes for the evils of the world to prosper is for good people to stand by and do nothing. Just because the events unfolding around us seem so grand in scale and so overwhelming isn't a reason that we can do nothing about it. Just food for thought.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think this is pretty much where everyone I know (besides my insane conservative parents :? ) are at right now. And as much as I like to joke that I'm evil, I'm doing my best. Plus, it's hilarious to see the confused look of gratitude/surprise when the person I just helped turns about and notices I'm all decked out in black :lol:
1 x
~Love is the most pernicious drug of all. Let the romantics debate its existence. Pragmatists accept it and use it.~ "Quitters Inc." Night Shift

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 pm

And this is where I think "fuck this, this is TOO depressing" and go and watch make up reviews on YouTube. :) I think I get to a point where I can't take it anymore and have to think about something else or my mind would break underneath it all. I was watching TV the other day and someone was talking about the end of the universe, which sounds really scary, but heaven only knows what's really going to happen, billions of billions of years into the future, so I'm really not going to think about it.
0 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

SapphireDreams
Maladomini

Postby SapphireDreams » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

So, the Orange Despot is now officially in charge, but I ignored all that because on Tuesday Evanescence announced they were doing a gig in the UK and that tickets were going on sale on Friday. (I like to think it was deliberate, maybe it was...) So I got myself a ticket (they sold out in about 15 minutes, which is insane!) And I'll be going to see them in June, woohoo! :D
0 x
Evanescence, Oceans.

DaxWills
Malbolge

Postby DaxWills » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am

SapphireDreams WroteColonQr Bbpost So, the Orange Despot is now officially in charge, but I ignored all that because on Tuesday Evanescence announced they were doing a gig in the UK and that tickets were going on sale on Friday. (I like to think it was deliberate, maybe it was...) So I got myself a ticket (they sold out in about 15 minutes, which is insane!) And I'll be going to see them in June, woohoo! :D

The cheeto may be in charge but I have Miranda lambert tickets for February. :)
0 x

Ferrykeizer
Malbolge
Flag: Netherlands

Postby Ferrykeizer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:12 am

It's been a tad slower and less active lately hasn't it? :D

I'm doing alright I guess. I'm still homeless, got alot of rooms I can look at, but the date keeps pushing further and further forcing me to wait longer and longer until I grow skeptical and worried. Well, been nearly 5 months, can't take much longer right? Posting this on school since I don't have internet.

Another thing that's been wandering my mind's a friend, well, person that I've been hoping to contact again. I've mentioned this before some months ago I think.
Those same months ago I was hoping to reignite a friendship. Nothing more, nothing less.

We were close I admit, she gave me the signs but I didn't know her that long back then. I was afraid that if I were to say yes, I'd risk changing my mind and breaking her heart. I suggested we'd give it some time to let it blossom but she ended up with someone else, and I was cool with that. I figured we could stay friends and hang out, I didn't mind that nor did I regret anything. I still don't, just hoping to be friends again so I tried to contact her.

Granted, I never got an answer back. So I was a bit down about that. Truth be told, I was more upset that my suggestion to hang out again was met with silence. If I were told no, I would've atleast been able to acknowledge it and accept it for what it is. However, the lack of a response convinced me there's nothing gonna happen, but it's torn me apart a little due to the fact that I had to make that assumption out of silence and without an answer. As if the time we spent as friends never mattered. We never fought or whatever, never had bad blood. If anything we got along really well until it just faded due to lack of contact. We both were constantly busy and I didn't wanna push her when I had time and she didn't, so I figured I'd give it a rest for a while back then, we stopped messaging eachother eventually.

Nowadays she broke up with him and fell in love with someone else. Again I don't mind, and like I mentioned before I don't regret my choices because I could've risked hurting her if I said otherwise. And quite frankly I didn't spend enough time with her to fall in love. So it's truly the friendship that I was hoping for.

Part of me thinks that it's not worth my attention because all my efforts felt like it meant nothing. But the other part of me brands me a heartless bastard for even thinking such a thing. So I don't know, really, I can't just ''stop'' being upset about it. I suppose it's a matter of pride, a grown man patiently awaiting an answer that's never gonna show up won't do me good, nor her. So all in all, I've accepted the situation for what it is and don't expect it to lighten up. I just have a hard time leaving it behind me emotionally. In time I guess, maybe when I get a place for myself so I can do things my way, and find myself with more freedom.

SapphireDreams WroteColonQr Bbpost And this is where I think "fuck this, this is TOO depressing" and go and watch make up reviews on YouTube. :) I think I get to a point where I can't take it anymore and have to think about something else or my mind would break underneath it all. I was watching TV the other day and someone was talking about the end of the universe, which sounds really scary, but heaven only knows what's really going to happen, billions of billions of years into the future, so I'm really not going to think about it.

Hey, atleast you'll learn something watching those reviews right? Be it useful or totally nonsense but enjoyable. :)
Lighthearted jokes aside, it's good to just let your mind wander from time to time. Spent some time just enjoying yourself so to speak. Hope you're doing well though!
0 x

DaxWills
Malbolge

Postby DaxWills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Gothic beauty magazine dies, fangoria magazine is dead, the mall goth staple "hot topic" looks more like a comic book store than anything else, I think we're experiencing a severe decrease in the number of people involved in this lifestyle. Traffic around here is almost gone. Have we outlived our usefulness? On the plus side when you do succeed in finding angoth store or club they must be doing something awesome to still be in business.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “General Discussion”