The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Introduction Thread - New? Introduce yourself here!

A place for discussion that's not necessarily of a Gothic nature.

Weaxzezz
Nessus
Flag: Sweden

Re: Introduction Thread - New? Introduce yourself here!

Postby Weaxzezz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:51 am

Latest post of the previous page:

*waves to the newbies* Welcome to this little lair of darkness, we're really quite friendly below the murderous facade!
0 x

dark-and-witchy
Avernus
Flag: United States of America

Postby dark-and-witchy » Sun May 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Hello! I'm a little newbie to this site. I've been in love with the subculture for about five years now and I'm looking forward to hopefully making some new friends. I'm also a pagan, so if anyone is interested in that, you can always come to me and ask about it. :D
1 x
~The dark is not an evil place. It is warm, welcoming, comforting. What more could you want?~

Yaviel
Phlegethos
Flag: Belgium

Postby Yaviel » Tue May 10, 2016 10:34 am

dark-and-witchy WroteColonQr Bbpost Hello! I'm a little newbie to this site. I've been in love with the subculture for about five years now and I'm looking forward to hopefully making some new friends. I'm also a pagan, so if anyone is interested in that, you can always come to me and ask about it. :D

Hi there! Welcome to the forum, and happy birthday!! (at least if the icon beneath your avatar is correct) You can call me Yaviel. :)

I recently started identifying as a pagan too! I'm still easing into it and taking the time to define my own place as one, as I'm not one for wiccan practices or even theism (although I don't think either of those is a prerequisite). Instead I just have a profound reverence for nature that gives me a sense of spirituality and purpose. Needless to say, I'd be very much interested in hearing about your personal experiences and beliefs. I hope you'll have a nice stay here; I'm always happy to see new faces pop up in threads. :D
0 x
Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.

Weaxzezz
Nessus
Flag: Sweden

Postby Weaxzezz » Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 am

dark-and-witchy WroteColonQr Bbpost Hello! I'm a little newbie to this site. I've been in love with the subculture for about five years now and I'm looking forward to hopefully making some new friends. I'm also a pagan, so if anyone is interested in that, you can always come to me and ask about it. :D

Hi there! You are not the only witch here; you are among friends :D
0 x

Ouroboros
Avernus

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi, I'm new here.
But yeah, I quite recently got into both goth and goth.net. I've known about the subculture for a while now, but it wasn't until very recently that I got into everything.
I'm not sure what else to talk about, but I'll gladly answer any questions!
0 x
As above, so below
As within, so without

An it harm none, do what ye will

GothicBfly
Cania

Postby GothicBfly » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Okay...so not really new. I've just been gone a very long time.

So much has happened since I've been gone, and not going to bore everyone with all the details. In short, I'm an eldergoth...been in the scene since evolution from punk...and was part of the punk scene very early on. I have two adult children. I was married when I was here last, but I've since divorced that cheating slime! I've been dating a wonderful man for a couple of years now who has a greater appreciation for my darker side. No, he isn't goth himself, but does enjoy the macabre as I do, loves industrial music, and doesn't even bat an eye when I suggest we head to one of the few goth clubs in this city to see a local artist.

Life is good...really good!
2 x
"Not all who wander are lost!" J.R.R. Tolkien
"I'm not God. I've seen His job, and I don't want it!" GothicBfly
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." E. Barrymore

Lachrymose
Cania
Dark Side Name: S. Circumventius

Postby Lachrymose » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Well it's nice to hear you're doing well, and I don't have anything else to say other than it seems the forum was down for while so I'm glad it's back!
0 x
Ahhh...I get to stay inside.

GothicBfly
Cania

Postby GothicBfly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 am

Lachrymose WroteColonQr Bbpost Well it's nice to hear you're doing well, and I don't have anything else to say other than it seems the forum was down for while so I'm glad it's back!

Yes, there have been many changes, but all for the better! There are still issues...I mean, my ex has managed to turn my adult son against me...but stuff like that happens in divorce, and I know that if I push it will only make things worse. It is best to let him figure things out on his own...and he will. My ex can't keep up the act forever, and the new wife (who is the woman he cheated on me with last) is batshit crazy, and that crazy will turn on my son one day. No, I'm not wishing ill will...just understand reality. When Batshit turns on him, he will realize that my ex is just playing him, and he will be more open to work things out with me...realizing that I really was always there.

But other than that....I did notice that the site was down for a spell. I'm glad it is back, too. It is really hard to have actual intelligent conversations outside of the goth world. I find my fellow goths to be better to talk to, even when someone has an opposing view about something.
2 x
"Not all who wander are lost!" J.R.R. Tolkien
"I'm not God. I've seen His job, and I don't want it!" GothicBfly
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." E. Barrymore

Cothurnatus
Minauros

Postby Cothurnatus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:54 am

Hello to everyone. I've been posting to the forums for many years but now I'm a newbie like all of us. It's pretty weird to me but I stay optimistic and think the changes are for the best. :P
0 x
I wat she was a sheep o' sense,
An' could behave hersel wi' mense:
I'll say 't, she never brak a fence,
Thro' thievish greed.
Our Bardie, lanely, keeps the spence
Sin' Mailie's dead

Robert Burns

Bones
Avernus
Flag: Czech Republic

Postby Bones » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 am

Hi all!
I discovered the forums today when i searched about The Cure discography. And because i like various things that are related to goth subculture i decided to join :) .
Are the forums still alive or have they moved to another site? Not much activity here in 2018.
0 x

ben brainard
Avernus
Dark Side Name: B the Elder

Postby ben brainard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 am

it's a great website, if you can get hang of it, like you, I'm elder-goth…. and originally from the SW but now living in NW. What type of music do you listen to nowadays that are consider "older Goth" . Is Sisters of Mercy (Floodland, Some Girls Wander by Mistake) considered to be "elder Goth", or little bit farther back (Joy Division, Bauhaus)?
0 x

AVirtualMemoryOfficial
Avernus
Dark Side Name: AVirtualMemoryOfficial

Postby AVirtualMemoryOfficial » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello, it there is anybody out there, it's nice to meet all of you. This is A Virtual Memory, a soundtrack to science fiction. If you are interested in industrial, ambient, drone, glitch, or other manner of experimental music...perhaps there is something I do that you may find to your liking. If what i do resonates with you in some way, please feel free to contact me, I always love to talk to people about what inspires them and what it means to slip deep into the void of the other.

My music and artwork can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/avirtualmemoryofficial
0 x

Social Media

Return to “General Discussion”