The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Mine is bigger than yours!

A specific place to discuss the state of local, national or international politics and other related newsworthy or debateable topics.

Topic author
GothicBfly
Cania
Flag: United States of America

Postby GothicBfly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:26 am

Seriously, this pissing contest needs to stop before we end up in a nuclear winter! And my kids wonder why I don't want grandchildren? Because, I have learned a lot in the last nearly 27 years since given birth to my first child. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't want to bring anyone else into this world. Debbie Downer? Nope...I still have a love for life, and I'm going to live it to the fullest until such a day comes that I leave this earth. However, I would rather my bloodline end than future generations of my loved ones having to live in the world that I currently foresee! I'm 45 (yes, I admitted my age)...I've lived life, and I have no regrets. If the bombs went off tomorrow, I can leave this place knowing that I have felt pain and loss, as well as great love...that I got the chance to truly find myself...that I got to live. My kids are just starting their adult lives...they are still struggling...and it kills me that if the buttons were pushed tomorrow, they have never known what it is like to get to the top of the mountain. I couldn't even imagine if I had grandchildren! I wouldn't want them to deal with losing their parents in a nuclear war or winter...or my children having to deal with the death of a child. My children being half-Hispanic, I wouldn't want to imagine what would happen to them. With the current climate in this country with regards to race, could you imagine what it would be like if everyone were to go in survival mode? My kids don't look white at all! Brown skin, dark brown eyes, brown hair...who would believe that I am their mother? They wouldn't...all they would see is a "Mexican"...which neither of them are...they were born here to two US citizen parents! But that is not what others will see!

I so wanted to start the new year on a positive note, but then there was another tweet basically daring Kim to push the button! When will the insanity stop?
0 x
"Not all who wander are lost!" J.R.R. Tolkien
"I'm not God. I've seen His job, and I don't want it!" GothicBfly
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." E. Barrymore

Plectrude
Maladomini
Flag: Iceland

Postby Plectrude » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:30 pm

I feel you, my man is Japanese and ... just know what you mean.

My parrot, Zero, died today. He wasn't old but he was a friend with our old parrot and canary and they've both died last year. My family cried a lot. I cried later, I loved him. I loved others as well, of course, but Zero was my University pet

Have canary, rabbit, guinea pig and snails at the moment.
( and our Vince, if he ever shows to Goodreads ;))
0 x
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”
― Elbert Hubbard

I LOVE Peter Murphy, BUCK-TICK. Akiko Shikata and Faun

Don't ever take me too seriously.

Social Media

Return to “Politics & Related”