The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Don't know the name of the song? Ask

A discussion of all things musical, that does not really fit in the other music categories.

dita_von_teese
Dis

Postby dita_von_teese » Sat May 27, 2006 11:26 pm

Last post of the previous page :

(DrXnY WroteColonwell, there was that song in Pay It Forward that the kid played in his room when his dad came back. It sounded like NIN ( sort of )
Anyone know what it's called?

i think it's Papa Roach.........last resort??? i'm not sure i dont remember
0 x
"Hasta que no pierdes tu reputacion, no te das cuenta de lo pesada que era ni de lo que es realmente la libertad"

Draconysius
Phlegethos

Postby Draconysius » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:52 pm

(Schmerzengel WroteColonI have a difficult one for you. One night at a party, they were playing a song that sounded rather Wumpscut-esque. I think the chorus went "Ich will dich, schnell, heirate mich!"

Tried to google and Wumpscut do have a song titled "Heirate Mich", but that's not quite the song I'm looking for.

There's Wumpscut song called "Ich Will Dich" and an album, aswell. As for myself, I have a very difficult one. It's very doom metal-like, but features a female vocalist. It starts off with a heavy riff, then goes into a quiet chanting of inaudible words including "Which one of us... must suffer it?" then goes back into the main chorus with
"I killed you before you killed me!". Someone care to help?

There's also a thrash-metal like gothic rock song in its speed and unstructuredness. "Mine eyes were... His eyes were steel"
0 x

Seuk
Maladomini

Postby Seuk » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:39 am

Ok, I heard this song on an airplane. The only lyrics I remember are "it's the end of the string, the joy in your heart". Quite a simple rythm, jazzy too. Anybody?
0 x

BlackLaceKiss
Malbolge

Postby BlackLaceKiss » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:13 am

I have heard this song - it's like R&B. The lyrics of the chorus go, "Miss Hilton, you must be worth a trillion bucks!" I was wondering if anyone knew the artist.
0 x
It is better to be looked over than overlooked.

LadyAttercop
Nessus

Postby LadyAttercop » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:55 am

Draconysius WroteColonIt's very doom metal-like, but features a female vocalist. It starts off with a heavy riff, then goes into a quiet chanting of inaudible words including "Which one of us... must suffer it?" then goes back into the main chorus with
"I killed you before you killed me!". Someone care to help?

I'm not a metal chick, so I'm not 100% on this one, but could it be Flyleaf? They're a female-fronted nu-metalish band that's been getting a lot of radio play down here.
0 x
Strange Fiction: a webcomic for the cynical, sarcastic, snarky & self-destructive

albinasamara
Minauros

Postby albinasamara » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:23 pm

Ok, I need help :-) I have this song that I downloaded ages ago, and the file name is red square. I don't know if that is the artist, album or song title. I tried allmusic, and I came up with "Red Square Black" but that is not the artist. I tried google-ing the lyrics but nothing came up. the sound is very goth rock/synth/darkwave. there are also some female vocals in the background, not singing any words, but sounding kind of "angelic".

here are the lyrics as best as i could make them out:

What is right, black and white
who will give you your salvation

a new life, sacrifice
all for him a sweet sensation

humility on bended knee
your pain makes you stronger
bracing for the life you must endure

do what you need to cure(?)

lust (whisper) for him ()
all good things to those who wait
deny (the truth)
yourself (revenge)
_ ___
die in vain to please them

Thanks!
0 x
-A.S.
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara

strong bad
Phlegethos

Postby strong bad » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:32 am

Does anybody know where i can find chords from Birthday Massacre? And i know this question is not exactly related to the topic title but i didn´t want to start a new topic just for this question.
0 x

Vivisector
Cania

Postby Vivisector » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:55 pm

1) Google it.

2) This is your first and last warning from me. No threadjacking.
0 x
My Music
1.) You lock the target.
2.) You bait the line.
3.) You slowly spread the net.
4.) You catch the man.
5.) ??????
6.) PROFIT!

Coal
Dis

Postby Coal » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:21 pm

So here's one I've been curious about forever.

It's on the soundtrack to a really lame vampire movie called (drumroll...) Bloodthirsty.

Some of the lyrics are (just bits and pieces that I can remember):

You can call me, what you want to

I'll be your lover
I'll be your whore
I'll be your slut
I'll be the girl next door

I will destroy, and then restore you

If I remember correctly, this song is played during the sex scene with the blonde "vampire" and her boyfriend.

Coal
0 x

Paradox665
Malbolge

Postby Paradox665 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:35 pm

Alright, I've got one for you guys. I'm trying to find the name of the song and the band that plays this Irish folk-metal sounding song in a couple of places throughout the movie "The Departed." Any help would be appreciated.
0 x
America is a place where the morally challenged exploit the fears of the mentally challenged in order to screw the financially challenged.

Ninsuna
Cania

Postby Ninsuna » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Paradox665 WroteColonAlright, I've got one for you guys. I'm trying to find the name of the song and the band that plays this Irish folk-metal sounding song in a couple of places throughout the movie "The Departed." Any help would be appreciated.

It could be 'I'm Shipping Up To Boston' by Dropkick Murphys.

I looked on Amazon for the soundtrack for the movie departed, and came up with this.

If you have a listen to track seven I believe, you will (hopefully) recognise it.

Sorry for such a late reply, I don't often check this thread.

~Angel
0 x

Paradox665
Malbolge

Postby Paradox665 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm

It could be 'I'm Shipping Up To Boston' by Dropkick Murphys.

That was it, thanks a lot!
0 x
America is a place where the morally challenged exploit the fears of the mentally challenged in order to screw the financially challenged.

SV_Harlequin
Malbolge

Postby SV_Harlequin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:02 am

albinasamara WroteColonOk, I need help :-) I have this song that I downloaded ages ago, and the file name is red square. I don't know if that is the artist, album or song title. I tried allmusic, and I came up with "Red Square Black" but that is not the artist. I tried google-ing the lyrics but nothing came up. the sound is very goth rock/synth/darkwave. there are also some female vocals in the background, not singing any words, but sounding kind of "angelic".

here are the lyrics as best as i could make them out:

What is right, black and white
who will give you your salvation

a new life, sacrifice
all for him a sweet sensation

humility on bended knee
your pain makes you stronger
bracing for the life you must endure

do what you need to cure(?)

lust (whisper) for him ()
all good things to those who wait
deny (the truth)
yourself (revenge)
_ ___
die in vain to please them

Thanks!

The song is "All For Him"

http://www.garageband.com/song?%7Cpe1%7CS8LTM0LdsaSkYFm2ZW4
0 x
Mal:"I would appreciate it if one person on this boat would not assume I'm an evil, lecherous hump."
Zoe:"No one's saying that, sir."
Wash:"Yeah, we're pretty much just giving each other significant glances and laughing incessantly."

Aria
Dis

Postby Aria » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:02 pm

I can't make out the lyrics in this song, so I uploaded it instead.

I have Googled it and didn't find anything about it. It says it's Gothic Metal by Apocalyptica, but no one I know who listens to Apocalyptica knows what it is. I'd like to know the band and the song.

http://www.savefile.com/files/667978

Thanks to anyone who can identify it.
0 x

Toob-Wurm
Maladomini

Postby Toob-Wurm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Aria WroteColonI can't make out the lyrics in this song, so I uploaded it instead.

I have Googled it and didn't find anything about it. It says it's Gothic Metal by Apocalyptica, but no one I know who listens to Apocalyptica knows what it is. I'd like to know the band and the song.

http://www.savefile.com/files/667978

Thanks to anyone who can identify it.

Well... I can tell you what that song isn't.

It isn't Apocalyptica... I'm positive about this. It sounds nothing like Apocalyptica.
0 x
"Paved roads aren't exactly a new innovation, but you still manage to get excited every time you see someone get run over."

-The Onion Horoscope (Aquarius)

Aria
Dis

Postby Aria » Wed May 02, 2007 7:07 pm

EDIT: Nevermind. The person was talking about some sort of Rob Zombie song.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “General Music”