The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Guilty Pleasures

A discussion of all things musical, that does not really fit in the other music categories.

Topic author
crawlingChaos
Stygia
Dark Side Name: Aharon Moloch Jensen
Flag: United States of America

Guilty Pleasures

Postby crawlingChaos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:25 am

There's too much negativity in this subforum, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

So, let's talk about the cheesy, dumb, embarrassing music that we love. No shame here, man. Anything goes. I personally have been listening to Demi Lovato's recent single a lot recently. I'm not even going to try and say it's good, but it's so much fun to listen to and sing along to.
0 x
ted cruz is the zodiac killer wake up america

BettysBabyBat
Minauros

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Postby BettysBabyBat » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:39 am

I love country music. I think my love for it is why I never went Goth myself, but my baby did. I love hot apple cider, or a hot cup of tea, sitting at a window during a rainy wind storm. I love rainbow anything, and when I die my husband is to make everything rainbow or bright colors, for my funeral. However my step son, who is only 15 and stands 6'2" already, is going to dress as the grim reaper and stand in back of the room.

Kyrah's guilty pleasure would be Backstreet Boys. SHHHHHHH... I never told you!
0 x
"Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness." Yousuf Karsh

Topic author
crawlingChaos
Stygia
Dark Side Name: Aharon Moloch Jensen

Postby crawlingChaos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:32 am

BettysBabyBat wrote:I love country music. I think my love for it is why I never went Goth myself, but my baby did. I love hot apple cider, or a hot cup of tea, sitting at a window during a rainy wind storm. I love rainbow anything, and when I die my husband is to make everything rainbow or bright colors, for my funeral. However my step son, who is only 15 and stands 6'2" already, is going to dress as the grim reaper and stand in back of the room.

Kyrah's guilty pleasure would be Backstreet Boys. SHHHHHHH... I never told you!

I wouldn't feel guilty about that first part, that sounds awesome. Goth isn't the only worthwhile aesthetic.

I feel that tho... I love the Spice Girls. I'd also say that song Groove Is In the Heart by Deee-lite is a guilty pleasure, but to be honest it's just a really solid song. Bootsy Collins and Q-tip are on it man.
0 x
ted cruz is the zodiac killer wake up america

BettysBabyBat
Minauros

Postby BettysBabyBat » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 am

OH MY GOD! Spice girls song MAMA. Tear jerking!! LOVE IT!!
0 x
"Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness." Yousuf Karsh

MercurialMe
Cania
Dark Side Name: Baccheia Jafee Skysong

Postby MercurialMe » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

I already did this thread :P but I'll play: 80's hair metal ballads... ala: Poison, G&R, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi ect Sooo good!
1 x
~Be The Strange You Wish To See In The World~

Noise part II
Stygia
Dark Side Name: Rain Blacksolstyce

Postby Noise part II » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:09 pm

BettysBabyBat wrote:I love country music. I think my love for it is why I never went Goth myself

Old timey good country begat rock'n'roll and rockabilly which begat The Cramps which begat psycho billy…

My problem in this thread is I do not feel at all guilty in my love of hurry gurdy music :lol:
1 x

Myko
Malbolge
Dark Side Name: Dracken Devilvenn
Flag: Netherlands

Postby Myko » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:30 am

Probably not even a guilty pleasure but anything T. Rex, the Stooges and The Cramps are plenty of the things I tend to like. Then again, I don't at all feel guilty about liking those, so...
0 x
Dracken Devilvenn

Plectrude
Maladomini
Flag: Iceland

Postby Plectrude » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:23 pm

J-Pop, K-Pop
Seriously Asian pop is more classical than anything. Strings everywhere and not to mention they can make anything "creepy" if they wish for it.
I wouldn't say it's embarassing, more like private. But I feel very comfortable here so I share anything freely.

Usually, I would place this music as "Dirty Pleasure" outside, but inside (here) is part of me that I like but I guess inside ask for outside. ;)
I´m never ashamed of it.
0 x
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”
― Elbert Hubbard

I LOVE Peter Murphy, BUCK-TICK. Akiko Shikata and Faun

Don't ever take me too seriously.

Social Media

Return to “General Music”