The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Worst music you've ever heard?

A discussion of all things musical, that does not really fit in the other music categories.

Topic author
Andrias
Stygia

Worst music you've ever heard?

Postby Andrias » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm

For me, this crap takes the cake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

(Please don't click that if you value your hearing... :?)

I'm torn between them and these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM4bsfWg

This isn't music, it's garbage of the lowest caliber, a new low for cultural nihilism.
If you think you've heard anything worse than that, I implore you click that link.
0 x

Minty
Cania
Location: Joie de l'Eau, Maice Isle, Gothsylvania, otherwise Blackheath, London, UK
Dark Side Name: Elodie Eulie SeaMajic
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Worst music you've ever heard?

Postby Minty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 pm

I watched half of the first video... then had to stop. I just hope that the person in the pig suit kept it on for the whole video, that way they can deny ever having taken any part in it :lol:

I thought that the second video was better than the first one... except for the constant use of the word 'witch' in a negative way (it began to grate on my nerves after about three seconds!) I had a bit of a shock when I thought one of them was Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides, but I calmed down when I realised it wasn't. On the plus side one of them gets shot in the vid - so not all bad ;)
0 x
Aka: Elodie Eulie SeaMajic... thank you Nephele (see here).
Aka: Aimee-Jo LaDélicieuse and Amela Joie Délicieuse, thank you again, Nephele :D - (see here and here).

Gothsylvania's ArchPagan... see here.

Igorina
Malbolge

Postby Igorina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:34 pm

I've heard worse than the first. "You a ho" comes to mind.

The second one...there's this high-pitched squeeping sound I hear in a number of singers voices these days and it drives me crazy.

*Shakes cane at musicians.*
0 x
AKA: Autymn Róiseleen Blaize, thanks to Nephele

Minty
Cania
Location: Joie de l'Eau, Maice Isle, Gothsylvania, otherwise Blackheath, London, UK

Postby Minty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Talking of worst music, I could go on about Bob Dylan/Pink Floyd/Coldplay... but I won't ;)
0 x
Aka: Aimee-Jo LaDélicieuse and Amela Joie Délicieuse, thank you again, Nephele :D - (see here and here).

satan 59
Stygia

Postby satan 59 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 am

Dylan and Floyd are OK but Coldplay NOOOOOOOOOOO
Can't do with RnB.
0 x
Red is the Devils colour.

cosine it
Dis

Postby cosine it » Sat May 25, 2013 2:42 pm

I strongly dislike any thing from justin bieber. :?
0 x

CallaWolf
Maladomini

Postby CallaWolf » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 am

Minty wrote:Talking of worst music, I could go on about Bob Dylan/Pink Floyd/Coldplay... but I won't ;)

I liked Pink Floyd......not so much the other two though. I found one to be unbearably boring, and the other to be unbearably untalented. That's just me, though.
0 x

centurion
Nessus
Location: British Columbia, Canada (now) Osaka, Japan (previously)

Postby centurion » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Coldplay... yeeesh.

I'm taking this opportunity to rant about the incredibly irritating period of boring music that fucked up the music industry forever....... 90s alternative rock!!!!

Since the 90s, the music scene is being flooded with singers who have very annoying nasal voices who like to drawl out every syllable while sounding like a drunk mosquito in the process.
Coldplay, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, The Verve, Our Lady Peace.... looking at you here!!!

If it's not that, it's guys like Pearl Jam, Creed, Nickelback, etc. who sound as if they're eating a pizza whilst recording vocals.

And if it's neither of those, it's a combination, such as the guy from Matchbox 20, singing "meow meow meow mimmy meow moow miauw" in every song.

And the godawful lyrics........... I'll strangle the next guy who writes a song about god smoking a cigarette.

The era of "day-glo sweater and tinted shades music" needs to die!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
0 x
The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.

- Aleister Crowley

Midieval Fantasy
Manisha
Flag: United States of America

Postby Midieval Fantasy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 am

I don't have a particular song, but in general popular music and modern country music grates my nerves. I could handle the classic country such as Johnny Cash, but what is now playing on the FM radio is simply not worth listening to- especially in regards to the two aforementioned genres.
0 x
"...To know means to be prepared to know.
Once you find out the truth, there's no going back.
You can't ever go back to being the way you were, blissful and unconcerned.''
-Nezumi; No. 6

centurion
Nessus
Location: British Columbia, Canada (now) Osaka, Japan (previously)

Postby centurion » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 am

Also, as much as people hate him, I can happily claim to have never heard a single Justin Bieber song.......

It's one of the perks of never watching TV :)
0 x
The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.

- Aleister Crowley

Igorina
Malbolge

Postby Igorina » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 am

Midieval Fantasy wrote:I don't have a particular song, but in general popular music and modern country music grates my nerves. I could handle the classic country such as Johnny Cash, but what is now playing on the FM radio is simply not worth listening to- especially in regards to the two aforementioned genres.

Modern country, another of my nominees for worst music ever.
0 x
AKA: Autymn Róiseleen Blaize, thanks to Nephele

Black Milk
Administrator
Flag: Ireland

Postby Black Milk » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 am

In country musics defence : 16 Horsepower & Woven Hand and...well...that's all I've got.
0 x
Goth.nets resident Atlantean
(Thanks to Nephele)

David Bowie - All the Madmen
lastfm

CallaWolf
Maladomini

Postby CallaWolf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:52 pm

centurion wrote:Also, as much as people hate him, I can happily claim to have never heard a single Justin Bieber song.......

It's one of the perks of never watching TV :)

Be thankful, I heard the annoying Baby, baby, baby song today in a store......I wanted to run out screaming drowning out the torture, but in fear out of not being in good taste, I just put my ipod on and drowned it out with some Six Feet Under (figured it be one of the best things to cover up the mess my ears were being subjected to) and went along my very merry way.
1 x

Lenore
Stygia

Postby Lenore » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 am

I'm taking this opportunity to rant about the incredibly irritating period of boring music that fucked up the music industry forever....... 90s alternative rock!!!!

Since the 90s, the music scene is being flooded with singers who have very annoying nasal voices who like to drawl out every syllable while sounding like a drunk mosquito in the process.
Coldplay, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, The Verve, Our Lady Peace.... looking at you here!!!

If it's not that, it's guys like Pearl Jam, Creed, Nickelback, etc. who sound as if they're eating a pizza whilst recording vocals.

And if it's neither of those, it's a combination, such as the guy from Matchbox 20, singing "meow meow meow mimmy meow moow miauw" in every song.

And the godawful lyrics........... I'll strangle the next guy who writes a song about god smoking a cigarette.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
My pet hates are the "break-up babes": Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry...all they can sing about are boys, breakups, parties and other "preppy" girls being chosen by their boys over them. Makes me want to hurl!
Then we get the nymphos who have to put sexual innuendo into every song like Usher and Akon. And Sean Paul, who has to yelp "yeah yeah girl" in the background of other people's songs to make them more hip.
:evil:
1 x
An anthem for the queenliest dead that ever died so young

Minty
Cania

Postby Minty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 am

I will actually walk out of stores that play music I cannot abide! I was in one shop for about three seconds and Coldplay came on... so I left. I do the same with Oasis, I hate them with a fiery passion, always have.

I also dislike all the new groups that pop up from reality shows like X Factor. Ye gods they are awful, they don't write their own songs, never touch an instrument... and in some cases can't even hold a tune and their rubbish vocals are "fixed" afterwards. What is the point of them, seriously? I remember hearing back in the 60s that the public were up in arms because they found out The Monkees didn't really play their own instruments, now that seems to be ok.
1 x

Social Media

Return to “General Music”