The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Pets: Photo Links, Eccentricities, Torrents, and Stories

A section to talk about cooking and other domestic things. Also where you can post your favourite recipes and tips and tricks for those tasks around the house.

Distantly_Beautiful
Avernus

Re: Pets: Photo Links, Eccentricities, Torrents, and Stories

Postby Distantly_Beautiful » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I have one dog, a Chug, (Pug/Chihuahua Mix) whom I've had since I was a teenager.
I got him when I was 15, and I'm 26 now.
His name is Buddy, and he's the sweetest little thing!
I couldn't imagine a life without my little Buddy. He's been my shadow for so many years, it would be like I was missing a limb when his time comes to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

...Of course, most people just think he's ugly as all get out, but I think he's beautiful.
His devotion is what's the most amazing thing about him. He's never more then five feet away from me, wherever I am.
0 x

MrsElysiancicatrix
Phlegethos

Postby MrsElysiancicatrix » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 am

Distantly_Beautiful WroteColonI have one dog, a Chug, (Pug/Chihuahua Mix) whom I've had since I was a teenager.
I got him when I was 15, and I'm 26 now.
His name is Buddy, and he's the sweetest little thing!
I couldn't imagine a life without my little Buddy. He's been my shadow for so many years, it would be like I was missing a limb when his time comes to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

...Of course, most people just think he's ugly as all get out, but I think he's beautiful.
His devotion is what's the most amazing thing about him. He's never more then five feet away from me, wherever I am.

Awww. we have a household ban on sad doggy movies but we did watch Hachiko and Red dog; both involved tears and furry dogpiles to recover from. i.e. i get it. The vet somewhat callously told hubby after dental visits that it would probably be the last time we need to take Puca in - bad vet!

So, last night i decided I wasn't really a dog person. I just have stockholm syndrome :mrgreen: .
0 x

Painkiller
Avernus

Postby Painkiller » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:45 pm

0 x

Weaxzezz
Nessus
Flag: Sweden

Postby Weaxzezz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:41 am

Painkiller WroteColonMy cat :3
it is a little demon >_> it destroys everything

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/hana_ ... q.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/hana_ ... d.jpg.html

Hahahah, so cuuute :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x

Plectrude
Maladomini
Flag: Iceland

Postby Plectrude » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Zero and Casper

It´s Casper´s chair, nobody else is sitting on it. Casper is a rabbit (it´s actually a female) and Zero is the budgie (I´ve named him after the Zero from manga/anime Vampire Knight). Casper is usually outside and she´s always wanted this chair so we´ve given it to her. She owns 5 blankets and 2 pillows, too.
0 x
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”
― Elbert Hubbard

I LOVE Peter Murphy, BUCK-TICK. Akiko Shikata and Faun

Don't ever take me too seriously.

Weaxzezz
Nessus

Postby Weaxzezz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 am

One of my cats have developed a habit of actually crawling under the covers of my bed in the morning and sleeping there until I get back from work in the afternoon. It's really cute but my bed is so hairy :lol:
1 x

MercurialMe
Nessus
Dark Side Name: Baccheia Jafee Skysong
Flag: United States of America

Postby MercurialMe » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Weaxzezz WroteColonQr Bbpost One of my cats have developed a habit of actually crawling under the covers of my bed in the morning and sleeping there until I get back from work in the afternoon. It's really cute but my bed is so hairy :lol:
I sympathize. Every time I vacuum Kira's favorite rug to lie on (my expensive living room rug) I have to empty the collection thing 3 times before I'm done because it's so covered in fur. I can't get mad at her because she doesn't control her shedding & I don't have the hart to take it up... she's so pitiful with her sad brown eyes.
0 x
~Be The Strange You Wish To See In The World~

Weaxzezz
Nessus

Postby Weaxzezz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 am

MercurialMe WroteColonQr Bbpost
Weaxzezz WroteColonQr Bbpost One of my cats have developed a habit of actually crawling under the covers of my bed in the morning and sleeping there until I get back from work in the afternoon. It's really cute but my bed is so hairy :lol:
I sympathize. Every time I vacuum Kira's favorite rug to lie on (my expensive living room rug) I have to empty the collection thing 3 times before I'm done because it's so covered in fur. I can't get mad at her because she doesn't control her shedding & I don't have the hart to take it up... she's so pitiful with her sad brown eyes.

I rolled up my rugs, beautiful as they are, and put them in the attic. I just couldn't cope with both the hair and the way they slid across half the flat as soon as the cats had a good run.

Speaking of dogs not being able to help the way they are I got so angry at a girl at the park today. She didn't have a leash on her dog (even though you're not allowed to do that in town) and then she yelled att her dog and wrestled it to the ground when it didn't come when called. 1, it's not your dogs fault you don' know what it can handle 2, follow the rules for your own sake and 3, if your dog runs up to mine and you haven't got control of it at all, apologise to me instead of taking your embarrassment out on your dog who was just curious. :evil:
1 x

MercurialMe
Nessus

Postby MercurialMe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Ugh! I had one of those run-ins a while back in the pet store. I always bring Kira in (pets are allowed) and she likes smelling everything. Anyhow we turned a corner and there was a woman with a big dog who just went ballistic upon seeing my dog. Kira was calm but this woman was obviously struggling to drag her dog away while it barked it's head off. So I looked at her & smiled to commiserate and she snaps: "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"
:evil: I said: "Lady! I was just being polite! Something YOU and your dog should look into!" All the while Kira is just standing there tail wagging.
She's the one who brought what was CLEARLY a dog aggressive animal into a place she knows other dogs frequent but I'm the asshole? I wanted to follow her to the parking lot and give her a masterclass in pet ownership & training. :roll: Then again I've found animals (especially dogs) tend to reflect their owners.
0 x

Weaxzezz
Nessus

Postby Weaxzezz » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:29 am

MercurialMe WroteColonQr Bbpost Ugh! I had one of those run-ins a while back in the pet store. I always bring Kira in (pets are allowed) and she likes smelling everything. Anyhow we turned a corner and there was a woman with a big dog who just went ballistic upon seeing my dog. Kira was calm but this woman was obviously struggling to drag her dog away while it barked it's head off. So I looked at her & smiled to commiserate and she snaps: "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"
:evil: I said: "Lady! I was just being polite! Something YOU and your dog should look into!" All the while Kira is just standing there tail wagging.
She's the one who brought what was CLEARLY a dog aggressive animal into a place she knows other dogs frequent but I'm the asshole? I wanted to follow her to the parking lot and give her a masterclass in pet ownership & training. :roll: Then again I've found animals (especially dogs) tend to reflect their owners.

That is very true. My dog was extremely aggressive because my mum was depressed, my brother was indifferent, I was an anxty teen and my dad bought him for me as an apology for leaving me and my mum a few years earlier. I love that dog but it was definitely not stable. That was both because the way we (didn't) care for it and because my parents didn't care to look up the breeder properly. I was too young to understand it at the time, but somewhere someone should have realised getting a puppy from a breeder that has to keep the dad in a cage when you visit is... not a good idea :?
1 x

MercurialMe
Nessus

Postby MercurialMe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:23 am

My dog LOVES yogurt. I have it almost daily and when I'm done I'll give her the container to lick. I've been out & about the past couple days so didn't have my breakfast or midday snack yogurt so neither did she. She just brought me an empty plastic yogurt container :lol: I think Lassie wants some yogurt. I'll make her a bowl, poor baby.
0 x

Weaxzezz
Nessus

Postby Weaxzezz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 am

MercurialMe WroteColonQr Bbpost My dog LOVES yogurt. I have it almost daily and when I'm done I'll give her the container to lick. I've been out & about the past couple days so didn't have my breakfast or midday snack yogurt so neither did she. She just brought me an empty plastic yogurt container :lol: I think Lassie wants some yogurt. I'll make her a bowl, poor baby.

Aaaaaw! Aren't dogs lactose intolerant though?
0 x

MercurialMe
Nessus

Postby MercurialMe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 am

Weaxzezz WroteColonAaaaaw! Aren't dogs lactose intolerant though?
Nope though like humans a dog can be lactose intolerant. Kira isn't one of them. Actually the probiotics that are so good for us are good for dogs tummies as well.
0 x

Weaxzezz
Nessus

Postby Weaxzezz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:59 am

MercurialMe WroteColonQr Bbpost
Weaxzezz WroteColonAaaaaw! Aren't dogs lactose intolerant though?
Nope though like humans a dog can be lactose intolerant. Kira isn't one of them. Actually the probiotics that are so good for us are good for dogs tummies as well.

You know, now that you mention it I think I've heard about dogs having similar intestinal fauna as we do!

Cats are lactose intolerant though. Whiskey always licks bowls of yoghurt and cream if I leave them out so I get a smelly reminder every once in a while :?
0 x

MercurialMe
Nessus

Postby MercurialMe » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:19 am

So 2 days ago I got conned by my mother into taking in a stray tuxedo cat. She was found wondering the grounds of my moms club. *sigh* I took her with the provision I'm just fostering but I have a sinking suspicion she's going to be a permanent resident. I've named her Binx (I call her Binky for fun) she snores, drools, "talks" incessantly and thinks I'm a human heating pad. She's super co-dependent but I'm hoping that'll calm down when she feels more secure.

Spooky is still happily outside outwitting my every attempt to catch/neuter him. Bats & Fozzy are still roaming the neighborhood. A new (cream & orange) stray has shown up (I call her pumpkin) so I'll have to get another trap.

Still wondering how I (a dog person) with no cats became a cat lady.

Speaking of my dog: Kira has been diagnosed with a degenerative spinal condition that there's no cure for. Her back legs have had a creeping numbness that's made it hard for her to walk/maneuver & it's also getting harder for her to control her bladder. So I've made the hard decision to have her put-down after the holidays. I've been wrestling with it for the past couple months because mentally she's fine and she's not in pain but her life has become very small. She can only stay on the 1st floor, she needs to be lifted up the porch stairs and in the car, she can't even go for walks anymore. It makes me sick to my stomach but I know it's for the best. :( I at least have a vet family friend who's offered to come to the house and inject her so she can be in familiar surroundings with her people at the end.
0 x

Red_Ink_Cat
Stygia

Postby Red_Ink_Cat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

My heart goes out to you Mercurial. Losing a pet is tough :cry: glad you have a vet-friend who will make a house-call for you.
0 x
~Love is the most pernicious drug of all. Let the romantics debate its existence. Pragmatists accept it and use it.~ "Quitters Inc." Night Shift

Social Media

Return to “Domesticated”