The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Possibly an IB bug? - introduced in the last upgrade

A technical discussion for GOTH.NET users. This includes information about the GOTH.NET systems, technologies, and stuff 'under the hood'. This forum is geared towards a more technical audience.

This discussion should now take place in the Help forum.

Topic author
Doth
Cania

Postby Doth » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:09 pm

I'm having a problem with the search function. It could just be me not using it much and not properly understanding how it works, but I hope not.

When I attempt to do a search for a subject, I get three pages of the last subjects posted in that forum. So, basically it looks a lot like the forum subject listing, except that the pinned threads are rearranged according to when they were last posted it as if they weren't pinned. To my mind this isn't exactly helpful.

Doth, hoping that this is a bug and not user stupidity
0 x
"You try to wake up, but it's not a dream..."

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:01 pm

Well, I just did a search and it gave me perfectly normal responses.

You are aware of the searches you can do by post topic/member name and select which forum to search in and also the 'search from this month/the beginning until newer/older? Varying combinations thereof will limit what you get as results.

Lilith - who isn't noticing something untoward atm
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Social Media

Return to “Technical”