The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Possibly an IB bug? - introduced in the last upgrade

A technical discussion for GOTH.NET users. This includes information about the GOTH.NET systems, technologies, and stuff 'under the hood'. This forum is geared towards a more technical audience.

This discussion should now take place in the Help forum.

Topic author

Postby Doth » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:09 pm

I'm having a problem with the search function. It could just be me not using it much and not properly understanding how it works, but I hope not.

When I attempt to do a search for a subject, I get three pages of the last subjects posted in that forum. So, basically it looks a lot like the forum subject listing, except that the pinned threads are rearranged according to when they were last posted it as if they weren't pinned. To my mind this isn't exactly helpful.

Doth, hoping that this is a bug and not user stupidity
0 x
"You try to wake up, but it's not a dream..."

Postby Lilith » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:01 pm

Well, I just did a search and it gave me perfectly normal responses.

You are aware of the searches you can do by post topic/member name and select which forum to search in and also the 'search from this month/the beginning until newer/older? Varying combinations thereof will limit what you get as results.

Lilith - who isn't noticing something untoward atm
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Social Media

Return to “Technical”