The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

hosting a picture

A technical discussion for GOTH.NET users. This includes information about the GOTH.NET systems, technologies, and stuff 'under the hood'. This forum is geared towards a more technical audience.

This discussion should now take place in the Help forum.

Topic author
silverrose
Stygia

Postby silverrose » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:51 am

I would like to post a picture on the "what do you picture everyone looking like" forum. However, the only pictures I have are saved on my computer. Since I really don't want to sign up for webspace for just using it one time, do you think any of you could host one picture for me?

Thanks
0 x
[Goth] is the ability to find the art where art seems to be lacking; to find the light in darkness and embrace it for all its worth.- Jennifer Mason

ice
Maladomini

Postby ice » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:21 am

Sure, I could. I could put it up on my page.
0 x
"I'm right."

"You're the exact opposite of a normal human being."

Topic author
silverrose
Stygia

Postby silverrose » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:29 am

Thanks, ice!
0 x
[Goth] is the ability to find the art where art seems to be lacking; to find the light in darkness and embrace it for all its worth.- Jennifer Mason

Silverfemme
Minauros
Location: Pennsylvania, USA, Green and blue sphereoid called "Earth"

Postby Silverfemme » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:18 pm

does anyone know of any good, free sites that'll host pictures? if so, what would the picture limit be?
0 x

ShadowCrow
Nessus

Postby ShadowCrow » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:39 am

Clicky-Clicky

*Click here too*

*Yawn... And here*

Now, there is a magic function on this board RIGHT HERE that will help you get all your answers. If you can't find answer using that function or THIS one, THEN you can post here...

Just a friendly advice!

B)
0 x
ShadowCrow
- Regimus Neque Hostis -
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is good men doing nothing.”

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 pm

FYI to anyone using Villagephotos.com to host images, if you haven't been there lately you might notice you're images are broken. Villagephotos.com is no longer allowing remote-linking for free users, which is why I'm using one of the loaded images until I get a chance to change that. *growl*
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

morbid_succubus
Malbolge

Postby morbid_succubus » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:37 pm

I just started usuing freepgs.com for hosting images, it seems preety good.
0 x

osirus909
Malbolge

Postby osirus909 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:34 pm

Right now, I am using Photobucket for my free image hosting.

I am afraid, however, that its only a matter of time before Photobucket and many other free image hosting sites will begin to charge. After they get a fair number of users, that is. Many image hosting services see this business practice as a new way to make a lot of money since the rise of ebay. I am beginning to be resigned to fact that I am going to have to pay someday for image hosting. Already some free web hosting sites have, by the most part, gone away.
0 x

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:57 pm

osirus909 WroteColonRight now, I am using Photobucket for my free image hosting.

I am afraid, however, that its only a matter of time before Photobucket and many other free image hosting sites will begin to charge. After they get a fair number of users, that is. Many image hosting services see this business practice as a new way to make a lot of money since the rise of ebay. I am beginning to be resigned to fact that I am going to have to pay someday for image hosting. Already some free web hosting sites have, by the most part, gone away.

It would probably be cheaper to actually get (domain) hosting for that, rather than pay for an image service. There are cheap domain hosts out there who'll do that for like $5/mo, which is probably around the same amount a lot of image hosting places charge.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

ShadowCrow
Nessus

Postby ShadowCrow » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:29 pm

I use my domain to host alot of images and I pay only 1,5$/month for it (+ a minimum setup-fee). It's hosted by B-One.Net and is pretty basic but it works great... Check their site out if you want a domain for minimum dineros!

</promotion>
0 x
ShadowCrow
- Regimus Neque Hostis -
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is good men doing nothing.”

Social Media

Return to “Technical”