The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club

A forum for people who live on the African continent and/or events pertaining to that continent.

74-1046041940

Postby 74-1046041940 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:03 pm

Last post of the previous page :

Deviant WroteColonDeviant - Sad that S.A is such a lame country :(

Hey, I'm from SA too :) From Pretoria... I used to go to McCoys and the Fridge .... I hear they are closed now :(
Eh, the goth scene in SA wasn't that bad, I thought it was rather cool actually :)

....I haven't lived in SA since '96 though :p
0 x

Topic author
Deviant
Malbolge

Postby Deviant » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:30 am

/div WroteColon....I haven't lived in SA since '96 though

Yip, that would explain it. :D . Most of the good clubs have closed down due to lack of interest/income.

The Doors is still open but it's moved to Edenvale and has been slowly declining towards nu-metalness (not that it was ever really a gothic club,but it had its nights) #( ,although recently there seems to be a resurgence in the sub-culture, possibly as a result of the whole trendy-goth thing, so alot of new clubs are popping up, w00t!

Deviant - rues the fact that he wasn't old/brave enough to go to the good clubs when they were open.
0 x
All my dreams gone, are my words forgiven?
All my deeds undone, am I now forgiven?"

"..And isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? I mean all of you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

Alice_In_Chains
Minauros

Postby Alice_In_Chains » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:22 am

At least we still have the few truly excellent ones
0 x
No day in the park. Too much of the blood on me is my own. But the day is not done...and I've got miles to go before I can make them all sleep....peanuts anyone? *_-

Jabs
Avernus

Postby Jabs » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 am

Hey! I live in Edenvale and Doors is like my second home. I was shocked (shocked I tell you!) to go through one night and find that some fruitcake had decided it was a good idea to host a Retro/Rock/Reggea night at the Doors. It's happened twice! Twice!

I'm almost too scared to go back. We'd like to phone ahead and make sure that we won't be there during the RRR nightmare but the club doesn't seem to be listed.

Don't get me wrong, they make up for it on other nights, but it was scary dude. Scary.

Was also there when the Awakening played last month. What a crock. Paid thirty bucks, no happy hour(s) and no good bands. They really have to jack their story up.
0 x

Mindless Poet
Phlegethos

Postby Mindless Poet » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:14 pm

SOUTH AFRICA ROCKS!!!
0 x
You won't scare me...

Deanna
Minauros

Postby Deanna » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:31 pm

Well said, but now where is everbody around here?
There must even be some ex-saffers who could comment on the joys of days past in the dingy clubs around here :p
0 x
"We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world" - Fight club

Mindless Poet
Phlegethos

Postby Mindless Poet » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:41 pm

I wish someone would kidnap me and take me to the Doors!!!

I sit at home and rot...slowly decaying into nothingness, melting into the unknown which I know too well...

PLEASE TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindless Poet
=:)
0 x
You won't scare me...

Severance
Phlegethos

Postby Severance » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

I love South Africa. It's the only country where you can shower off HIV/AIDS.

(If you're not South African, you probably won't get the joke)
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:16 am

Severance WroteColonI love South Africa. It's the only country where you can shower off HIV/AIDS.

I know it's lame to have to explain a joke, and takes away a lot of the humour, but not you're got me really curious.  What's the joke mean?
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Severance
Phlegethos

Postby Severance » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Lunamoth WroteColon
Severance WroteColonI love South Africa. It's the only country where you can shower off HIV/AIDS.

I know it's lame to have to explain a joke, and takes away a lot of the humour, but not you're got me really curious.  What's the joke mean?

Jacob Zuma, who is supposed to be the next president of South Africa, was charged with rape and corruption. At his court case, he was asked why he had sex with an HIV-infected woman. He gave a shocking response and claimed that it was ok since he took a shower after to take out any risk of getting infected.

Edit: Might I add that South Africa has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world, so it's quite fucking ignorant for him to say that. You should also know that Zuma is a racist bastard.
0 x

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:11 am

Severance WroteColon
Lunamoth WroteColon

Jacob Zuma, who is supposed to be the next president of South Africa, was charged with rape and corruption. At his court case, he was asked why he had sex with an HIV-infected woman. He gave a shocking response and claimed that it was ok since he took a shower after to take out any risk of getting infected.

Edit: Might I add that South Africa has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world, so it's quite fucking ignorant for him to say that. You should also know that Zuma is a racist bastard.

Ah.  That's... wow.  :shock:
Is it sad that I'm comforted the US isn't the only country with morons for political leaders?
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Severance
Phlegethos

Re: Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club

Postby Severance » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Haha have no shame. SA is much more worse off than the US. The SA government spends over millions of rand(SA currency) on name changes of streets/towns/cities instead of funding organizations that benefit the poor. I believe about 50% of the population is below the poverty line. That's just one example of how stupid our government is.
0 x

DEATH'S EXPULSOIN
Minauros

Re: Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club

Postby DEATH'S EXPULSOIN » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 am

is any one still useing this thread
I live in pretoria and there is almost no real hangout for goths here exept thrashers scate park at night
0 x
What is the speed of DARKNESS

Social Media

Return to “Africa”