The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

U.K History and Culture

A forum for people who live in Europe, Russia or the Middle East or for events pertaining to those countries.

Topic author
Dark Zorloreh
Stygia

U.K History and Culture

Postby Dark Zorloreh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

I am doing a temporary project in school, so I'm searching the internet for information about the United Kingdom. We had to choose a subject and few people know what goth is so I thought I could be a good classmate and educate them. I know that I need to find more sources to get the facts accurate, but I also know some of you live in U.K and perhaps might want to point out some important facts that I must not get wrong or might not find any information about.

And when the project is accomplished, this topic can be used for everyone interested in U.K's History and Culture. To post what they investigate and what they have found out. Have fun and thank you if you help me and everyone else with their projects.
0 x

Topic author
Dark Zorloreh
Stygia

Re: U.K History and Culture

Postby Dark Zorloreh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:17 am

Did I say I am in particular researching the goth scene in the U.K.

I found quite a lot of facts but I got some problems. I don't know where to begin writing it all down, I am thinking of doing a power-point presentation. Any suggestions? How should I structure the presentation?
0 x

thetragicclown
Nessus

Postby thetragicclown » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:45 am

Are you focusing more on the contemporary UK Goth scene or the historical? If it's the latter then a good place to start is researching the Batcave in London.

http://www.scathe.demon.co.uk/batcave.htm

For a more modern thing, here's listings for many UK goth clubs.

http://www.freewebs.com/ukgothclublist/ ... stings.htm

They won't answer all your questions, but they're good jumping-off points.
0 x
V4VG.net - A British Gaming Blog

Topic author
Dark Zorloreh
Stygia

Postby Dark Zorloreh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:49 am

Thanks I try to focus on the modern goth scene, but it is really important to have some history too. After all this presentation
will be for people who don't know what goth is.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Europe / Russia / Middle East”