The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Texas goths - *crossing fingers*

A forum for people who live on the North American continent and/or events pertaining to that continent.

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:51 am

Last post of the previous page :

Averages, August is hottest in terms of stretches of heat & no rain, but we had a nice mild August, compared to other years. We hit the 100++'s early (like May-June) last year and got it out of the way, because it never actually got cold last winter. Now, I live up on the north end of town, behind Braker & IH35, and we're in what they consider "low-lying areas and creek beds". It gets 5-10 degrees colder there than downtown, which makes a difference when the overnight lows are in the 30's and I'm left trying to figure out how to scrape frost off my windshield armed with nothing but some CD cases, ATM card and driver's license. Last year, I lived in South Austin, and didn't have this issue. :b

The coldest month(s), in my experience is January/early February. The snow? VERY rare. We'll occasionally have ice storms up to March some years though. The first year I lived here, there was an ice storm in mid-Feb that crippled the city for a day or two.

Yeah, I have a collection of really nice long coats. They languish unused... when it actually *is* cold, I have to make a tough decision as to which coat gets to come out this year for the two days it's needed.

I made peace with the fact that I live in short sleeves most of the year. :'
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

travail
Stygia

Postby travail » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:41 pm

100+... ugh. And I thought it was hot and humid back home. I actually do wear my parka occasionally, minus the stifling piled-lining (it's removable).

So, what's the Elysium like? I asked someone in town, and they told me it was "a bunch of kids with glow-sticks doing drugs." I was like, ooooo-k. My main problems are I'm a shy/anxious person to begin with, I wouldn't know anyone there, and I've never been to this kind of club and wouldn't know what to expect. They didn't have anything like this back home. Now I don't know if this counts, but I did go to Spider House last night with some friends of mine, but it seemed more hipster than goth, just from my inexperienced perspective. They have a nice local Hefeweißbier on tap, though. ;)
0 x
Friends don't let friends emulate Tim Burton films.

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Spider House would never qualify as goth anything. I actually think it was called that because when they bought the house to convert it into a coffee shop, the place was infested with spiders. Seriously. :O

Elysium is actually quite nice, if you know which night to go on. Saturday is good and Wednesday is good. Sunday, you've got all the "normals" coming out for the 80's dance club experience.

I went alone and I have to say, I had new friends in mere minutes as people came up to find out why I was sitting alone and make sure I was alright. Honestly. Some of the sweetest people I've met in this town, I met there. And, I have to say, I saw not one single glowstick.

We'll have to organize so the few of us lame homebodies all go on the same night sometime.
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Notorothefallenangel
Avernus

Postby Notorothefallenangel » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:33 am

anyone here from San Angelo or close to it?.........
0 x
Raindrops..............Teardrops......what's the difference......their all the same.....

icouldbeagain
Avernus

Postby icouldbeagain » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 pm

lordmagnus WroteColonI live just south of HOUSTON, TX. in Clear Lake City. Anyone around this area?

I am also in the Clear Lake area.
0 x

Somatic Corpse
Minauros

Re: Texas goths - *crossing fingers*

Postby Somatic Corpse » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:45 am

I live in Kingsville, 44 miles south of Corpus Christi, 4 hours south of Austin, 8 hours south from Dallas, 13 hours South-West from El Paso and 3 hours from Houston....

You wanna talk about little town that you can't find on the map!? :P

The only three things that keep this town alive are:
The naval air station
The King Ranch
Texas A&M University Kingsville
0 x

hakkuri
Avernus

Postby hakkuri » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm

wow peopele from arkansas that their primary concern isnt shooting or driving 4 wheelers its a bit of a surprise really yay for the net im tucked away in the northern part of arkansas but still its nice to know theres a few of us in the state
0 x

Darkdevil
Avernus

Postby Darkdevil » Thu May 22, 2008 1:09 am

Im out here in boring ol abilene. Luckily I at least have a couple of goth friends to hang with but just tobad they are stuck on a weekend schedule where as im stuck alone for 5 days a week.
0 x

KomatoseKitten
Avernus

Postby KomatoseKitten » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm in McGregor, which is right by Waco and it is so boring here. :(
0 x

Harllequin
Avernus

Postby Harllequin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:27 am

"Texas goths"?! Texas is too big- that should have been narrowed down just a bit, hehe^_-
I live to the north of Houston.
It is such a big city.. does anyone know of a nice club or other place to hang around in/near Houston?
0 x

Penman
Avernus

Postby Penman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Uhhh im from texas :P so ima texan goth
0 x
Ink is the blood of creativity...however your blood is just as good (sharpens knife) come over here

Nightspectre
Malbolge

Postby Nightspectre » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

If I read correctly through the other posts that would make me the only one from Corpus Christi. It would make since as there are barely any, if any, goths here. There are a few people who could be possible candidates though. Hopefully I will get to escape to Austin or one of the bigger cities.
0 x

Wolfmammy
GAF

Postby Wolfmammy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

I'm in Alvin, which is close to the Clear Lake/League City/Friendswood/Dickinson areas.
0 x
Merciful Shadows

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Rue
Dis

Postby Rue » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm in Dallas...no ones in Dallas.
0 x
a tear falls, reality is cruel, isn't it?
you saw the season's final colours

Shinigami♠Vampire
Minauros

Postby Shinigami♠Vampire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm

I live in new braunfels tx so if any goths live there please let me know! I've yet to find any myself and I've lived there for five years. It seems that Texas is the least populated goth state in the u.s. Good luck finding any
0 x
All within me gone but pain and hope. Hoping that the pain will go away. - [i]Master Passion Greed, by; Nightwish.

Rue
Dis

Postby Rue » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Shinigami♠Vampire WroteColonI live in new braunfels tx so if any goths live there please let me know! I've yet to find any myself and I've lived there for five years. It seems that Texas is the least populated goth state in the u.s. Good luck finding any

That's sadly true. I've never seen any in Dallas ever. It must be the heat. ^^
0 x
a tear falls, reality is cruel, isn't it?
you saw the season's final colours

Social Media

Return to “North America”