The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Portland, Oregon - Anyone from goth.net here?

A forum for people who live on the North American continent and/or events pertaining to that continent.

Topic author
Rapture
Stygia

Postby Rapture » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:04 pm

I'm not complaining about a lack of goths. I'm actually quite happy, from what I've seen portland has a thriving night life full of goth's. Sure there are no goth's at my school but that's no problem. I actually met a goth in the hot-tub at my firiends apartments. He told me about going to a switchblade symphony and fantasio (a band that sam of black tape for a blue girl created on the side) concert, I was jealous. Well back to the actual subject, If any of you live in the area it would be cool to chat over a cofee sometime or something like that. I'm probably younger than most of you though.
0 x
And I feel my pulsing veins
beating hard in cold rain
I'm alive in storm clouds
for awhile I'm everything...everything

djVampira
Stygia

Postby djVampira » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:42 am

I lived in Portland for 7 months and I must say the scene there was horrible. The clubs mostly only play EBM music and a lot of the people have attitude problems.
0 x

StarvingStudent47
Nessus

Postby StarvingStudent47 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:13 pm

djVampira WroteColonI lived in Portland for 7 months and I must say the scene there was horrible. The clubs mostly only play EBM music and a lot of the people have attitude problems.

Have you ever found a goth club withOUT attitude problems? I kinda thought it came with the scene. And given the choice between a pretentious club and a sleazy meat-market club, I'd take the former any day.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of EBM, and I'm moving to Eugene, OR tomorrow. I've got a friend up in Portland who I went clubbing with in Denver a lot, though she hasn't had a lot of time to scope out the club scene there yet.

Care to give a brief run-down of which clubs are half-decent (if you're into EBM, at least) and which should be avoided like the plague?

SS

PS--Rapture, about your original post: I'll be in Eugene, not Portland, but I might be driving up periodically. I'm 22 though--I'm guessing you're a lot younger from your post? Anyway, drop me a PM sometime.

Edited By StarvingStudent47 on 1059538713
0 x
I'm not starving, I'm not a student, and I'm not 47. But other than that, I like to think of myself as a pretty honest guy.

djVampira
Stygia

Postby djVampira » Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:30 am

StarvingStudent47 WroteColon
djVampira WroteColonI lived in Portland for 7 months and I must say the scene there was horrible. The clubs mostly only play EBM music and a lot of the people have attitude problems.

Have you ever found a goth club withOUT attitude problems? I kinda thought it came with the scene. And given the choice between a pretentious club and a sleazy meat-market club, I'd take the former any day.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of EBM, and I'm moving to Eugene, OR tomorrow. I've got a friend up in Portland who I went clubbing with in Denver a lot, though she hasn't had a lot of time to scope out the club scene there yet.

Care to give a brief run-down of which clubs are half-decent (if you're into EBM, at least) and which should be avoided like the plague?

SS

PS--Rapture, about your original post: I'll be in Eugene, not Portland, but I might be driving up periodically. I'm 22 though--I'm guessing you're a lot younger from your post? Anyway, drop me a PM sometime.

I don't like EBM very much. The club where I dj'd isn't open any longer. Go to http://www.pdxindgoth.com .
They have event and club listings there. The scene there really does suck....honest. I have lived in a lot of different towns and that had to have been the worst.
0 x

Bitemyneck
Phlegethos

Postby Bitemyneck » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:21 pm

I may be moving to Vancouver, across the river to Portland. I'm currently visiting there now.
0 x

Pylaydia
Phlegethos

Postby Pylaydia » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:26 pm

I live down in Eugene, OR and have been out of the scene for years. I'm currently looking for ways to hook back in. Unfortunatly I'm ancient compared to the rest of you. If you ask I'll tell, otherwise mum's the word on that subject. As for the attitude.....we all have ego's and like them stroked by others at one time or another. Bitting hands off at the wrist is a good way to keep that from happening. Attitude gets sooo old.
0 x
Agony is sweet but desire is better

Poisoned lips and a sharp tongue to sing a song of angels

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Bitemyneck
Phlegethos

Postby Bitemyneck » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:07 pm

Well, it's official. I live in Vancouver now. Good, good. I hope to meet any of you who live in the area.
0 x

Pylaydia
Phlegethos

Postby Pylaydia » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:15 am

Dear Bite,
Sorry this took so long but welcome....hope your enjoying Vancouver. :)
0 x

Bitemyneck
Phlegethos

Postby Bitemyneck » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:56 pm

Pylaydia WroteColonDear Bite,
Sorry this took so long but welcome....hope your enjoying Vancouver. :)

Also late in coming, but thankyou. I am enjoying it very much here. *see 'Washington' post*
0 x

MidnightMistress
Avernus

Postby MidnightMistress » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Greetings.

I am a Portland native but have moved around since then (now in Atlanta). Eugene is probably bigger on the goth scene (lived there too) than Portland, but I'm sure that Portland has its share.

I would love to re-visit Portland and check it out.
0 x
"I myself am strange and unusual."

Pylaydia
Phlegethos

Postby Pylaydia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:38 am

Hi Midnight Mistress,
Atlanta huh? That is quite a ways form our lovely damp northwest. I've been as far east as a two day visit to TN and lived in Misourri for a few years. Couldn't wait to get back here....hope Atlanta is treating you well :D
0 x

dfb
Minauros

Postby dfb » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:39 pm

I'm from Portland as well, born and raised. I don't think the scene is too terribly bad, but than again, with the exception of a few people, I pretty much keep to myself, I mostly go to clubs to listen to the music, and I do like EBM, so I have that in my favor I suppose, not to mention my travelling experience is slim to none so I have nothing to compare it against.
0 x
http://www.darktravesty.com
--
"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

hideous
Malbolge

Postby hideous » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:53 pm

Portland does have one thing going for it. we don't have to worry about losing our perferred complexion. Overcast and rain every day, so no worry of tans. I haven't really been up on the scene since the Satyricon closed down. the Paris is for preteens, and Dante's is single handedly keeping the myth that all goths are pretentious alive. New spots have opened lately, so I hear, but I just lost touch with the scene.
0 x
"Can you see? He trapped her inside a mirror. Every mirror. If ever you look at your reflection and see something move behind you just for a second, that's her. That's always her."

RottenToTheCore
Minauros

Postby RottenToTheCore » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:00 am

hideous WroteColonPortland does have one thing going for it. we don't have to worry about losing our perferred complexion. Overcast and rain every day, so no worry of tans.

Very true but who would want a tan anyway?

I'm in the Portland area, Beaverton area to be more specific but I'm not into the club scene at all. I just really don't see the point anymore, when I was 16 I did but I guess I "grew up" somewhere along the lines. Coffee is good though, I do go for that quite a bit.

As for the Portland goth scene, I've lived in many towns that at first seemed great and more interesting because it was different then here but in the end all I wanted to do was come home where people are semi-decent. I'd never trade Portland for another town.
0 x

Pylaydia
Phlegethos

Postby Pylaydia » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm so glad to see all of you as I'll be moving up to the Portland area, could be as soon as this fall. I'll be based somewhere around the Mount Hood area and could use a bit of advice on where a girl might rent decently on a student budget ect.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “North America”