The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

All things musical here. This is not just 'gothic' music, but industrial, and anything else listened to by members of the gothic community.

Future discussion should now take place in one of the other music forums.

Who likes the Finnish band HIM?

Yes
64%
No
33%
Who?
3%

Total votes: 152

AngelicA
Dis

Postby AngelicA » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:37 am

Last post of the previous page :

Well, I think that those American new-born HIM fans like Bam, cause he's promoting HIM the most in the USA. So these fans don't really know much about HIM's earlier period and like what they see now... DARN...
0 x
Why do you let me hope
when you give me nothing?
Why do you let me cry
when you don't see my tears?
They are for you,
only you...
Can't you see I love you?
I love you...

Manda
Phlegethos

Postby Manda » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:25 am

VampLauren WroteColonHeh heh, just to give my two cents, I too seriously dislike Bam Margera. He irritates me, and I find his obsession with HIM a little unnerving. I'm curious now whether any HIM fan does like him...

My friend Kat adores him but I think she knew of Bam before I introduced her to HIM.
And I have quite a few friends who've met him and don't really have any problem with him.
He just irritates me. A lot.
Every time I hear his annoying voice, a couple of brain cells die.
0 x

AngelicA
Dis

Postby AngelicA » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:53 am

:b :b :b
It's funny cause it's true...
0 x
Why do you let me hope

when you give me nothing?

Why do you let me cry

when you don't see my tears?

They are for you,

only you...

Can't you see I love you?

I love you...

dvs
Avernus

Postby dvs » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:20 am

him r a shitty sell out boy band
0 x

VampLauren
Stygia

Postby VampLauren » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 am

/div WroteColonhim r a shitty sell out boy band

Aaannnndddd your reasons for that statement are...?
0 x
"Never knock on Death's door- ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

bluenaveed
Malbolge

Postby bluenaveed » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:54 pm

dvs WroteColonhim r a shitty sell out boy band

Please go microwave your PC..
0 x

liquid_shadows
Stygia

Postby liquid_shadows » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:15 am

dvs WroteColonhim r a shitty sell out boy band

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to take a look at this or not. You might want to. It's got some helpful information on here that'll probably save you a lot of trouble. :)
0 x
"Echoesthat deafen the mind will bury my voice in their wake..." Caught In a Web--DreamTheater

gothic_soyuz
Minauros

Postby gothic_soyuz » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:30 pm

i like HIM, i dont see myself buying an album of thiers anytime soon(and if i do, no more than 1) but they are good, they remade one of my favorite songs, "dont fear the reaper" and did a pretty good job of it. and yes Bam margera is an idiot.
0 x

liquid_shadows
Stygia

Postby liquid_shadows » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:01 am

I like them. I have one of their CD's, "Razorblade Romance." I liked their cover of Wicked Game.
0 x
"Echoesthat deafen the mind will bury my voice in their wake..." Caught In a Web--DreamTheater

bluenaveed
Malbolge

Postby bluenaveed » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:13 pm

liquid_shadows WroteColonI like them. I have one of their CD's, "Razorblade Romance." I liked their cover of Wicked Game.

People tell me I look like the guy on the cover of that CD.

???
0 x

An_Odd_ Child
Malbolge

Postby An_Odd_ Child » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:34 pm

bluenaveed WroteColon
liquid_shadows WroteColonI like them. I have one of their CD's, "Razorblade Romance." I liked their cover of Wicked Game.

People tell me I look like the guy on the cover of that CD.

???

Haha, funny enough, same here. Well according to a friend's older brother. Thing is I'm a girl.

You should take the comment as a compliment. I did. He'd make a good looking man and woman I'd say.
0 x

Sneaky
Avernus

Postby Sneaky » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:11 am

Personally, I dislike HIM. I think they're stuck on love as a subject, not that I've heard much of their stuff. But his voice annoys me, as well.
I also dislike Evanescence, but I love her voice. Also, the music sounds better than that of HIM. Their song, Bring Me To Life, was probably the only song I like, but that's more than I can say for HIM.

In my opinion, most of the newer groups aren't very good. Most of the crap on the radio is just that. However, My Sixth Shadow is quite good. Kind of stuck on love, but I still love them.
0 x
"Don't say you want me, Don't say you need me, Don't say you love me, It's understood. Don't say you're happy, Out there without me, I know you can't be, 'cuz it's no good..."

darkangel
Phlegethos

Postby darkangel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:58 am

Sneaky WroteColonPersonally, I dislike HIM. I think they're stuck on love as a subject,
However, My Sixth Shadow is quite good. Kind of stuck on love, but I still love them.

ok - you sound like you are contradicting yourself - but I think I understand what you mean. ???
I would have to admit that I like HIM, although their music is slightly cliched and cheesy, but I like their sound and have 3 of their albums..
0 x
"We feel cold, but we don't mind it, because we will not come to harm.And if we wrapped up against the cold, we wouldn't feel other things, like the bright tingle of the stars, or the music of the Aurora, or the best of all the silky feeling of moonlight on our skin. It's worth being cold for that."

SanguineTrust
Phlegethos

Postby SanguineTrust » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:42 pm

I don't like the new cd. Just plain sucks!
0 x
"Grinding through memories; confounding abilities; I'm so ill at ease (I always talk to myself)"

DeathRose
Minauros

Postby DeathRose » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:44 pm

i saw them live they were sh** the singer didn't sing and he just chain moked all the concert the whole band were totally p*ssed off his head so not great
0 x
Why do we laugh,
When others cry,
And hang their heads,
And wish to die?

My DeviantArt

VampLauren
Stygia

Postby VampLauren » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:16 am

Well, uh... I'm guessing Ville Valo did sing, otherwise he'd have had a pretty relaxing night just sitting there while the rest of the band played. I'm assuming you mean he sang badly. I personally love his voice, but I'll admit he smokes too much and that's taking a toll on his singing.
0 x
"Never knock on Death's door- ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Social Media

Return to “Music / DJs”