The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Chat times

For discussion about the future of GOTH.NET.

This discussion should now take place in the GOTH.NET forum.

Topic author
LalartuAlal
Phlegethos

Postby LalartuAlal » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:30 pm

I am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...
0 x
To make a big splash at the goth clubs roll around in the snow naked for awhile to achieve hypothermia. Then go to the nearest goth club (get dressed outside for max affect) and be the coldest corpse on the dance floor. Sure to amaze!

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:49 pm

LalartuAlal WroteColonI am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...

5pm where exactly? there are 24 timezones of course :P

Talk in the chatrooms ebbs and flows... sometimes it's quiet even though there are a number of people around. And sometimes it also varies within the 2-3 main channels.

But if people want to get together at a certain time, that's cool... a show of hands?

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Mesmerise
Nessus

Postby Mesmerise » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:53 am

We have a chat room? :P

Mes
0 x
:: Before a man can break wind in front of a lady he must have brought her to climax at least once, preferably twice, to make sure the first was not a fluke :: (Yoinked from Hermit)

blood_rose
Nessus

Postby blood_rose » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:58 am

We can't all just meet to chat, it's come as you go.
We have 24 time zones to work with, people with set schedules, and other things.

Yes, Darker.net may be dead some times, but that's just the nature of the beast. If you are in a good discussion on the board and want to chat with that person in real time, then PM them and start up a convo from there.

But we can't take time out of our days to chat about whatever. Everyone has a different schedule.
0 x
Goth.Net Samurai of Flaming

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

90-1055286265

Postby 90-1055286265 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:37 pm

Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..
0 x

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:38 pm

Zephirus WroteColonOk, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:30 pm

Lilith WroteColon
Zephirus WroteColonOk, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:22 pm

Lunamoth WroteColonIt might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

Odd. If anything a newer version of Java shouldn't have any issues.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

Fyrephin
Minauros

Postby Fyrephin » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:51 pm

Lunamoth WroteColon
Lilith WroteColon

and I can't use Irc ..

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

You use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.
0 x
May whatever darkness you embrace, always bring you enlightenment

Lunamoth
Nessus

Postby Lunamoth » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:06 am

Fyrephin WroteColonYou use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.

I am and I do. The reason it seemed to be (at least appeared to be) a Java issue was because I was also having trouble with an unrelated Java app whilst using IE. On Safari, the page wouldn't even load at all. On IE it would just "load" for like an hour till I gave up. That's what gave me such an impression. :)
0 x
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats

90-1055286265

Postby 90-1055286265 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:01 pm

it's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.
0 x

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:55 pm

Zephirus WroteColonit's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.

Most likely different chat applets. Not all webbased chat applets are the same. Obviously.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)

90-1055286265

Postby 90-1055286265 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:41 pm

I have noticed.

don't worry, I won't spoil your chatroom .. yet.
0 x

Social Media

Return to “Future & Feedback”