The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. ALL members must log into the main website at least once before they can log into the forums (if you have a forums account, you automatically have an account on the main website).

If you are not a member on the forums yet, and wish to sign up, you will also have to create an account on the main website, which will automatically register you for the forums.

Note: If you have previously tried the above, and have been having problems logging into the forums, this has been fixed however you must change your password (on the main website) to resolve it permanently. Click here for instructions on how.

Any Alabama goths? - I too feel very alone.

A forum for people who live on the North American continent and/or events pertaining to that continent.

Topic author
GothLord

Postby GothLord » Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:47 pm

Any Alabama goths around?
0 x

silentnecro
Phlegethos

Postby silentnecro » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:36 pm

I know someone who is moving(moved...) to Alabama, I dont think hes there yet, hasnt emailed me..then, it might take him a while to get acsess, didnt think about that, Chris Murray, 19...very good looking(hmm) maybe not gothy gohtic gothic extremly..but...um, hes the lead singer for Nemo...
0 x
i see flowers. are they grey? why does this earth punish may? spring is in the air, yet it is fall..I fall into winter and bury it all, frozen to the ground, I close my eyes, so cold so warm, so safe inside

Pseudo Nym
Phlegethos

Postby Pseudo Nym » Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:05 pm

GothLord WroteColonAny Alabama goths around?

I'm not from Alabama, but close enough to have sympathy for anyone in the area...
I know there are goths around Mississippi, especially near the universities, but of course it seems like there aren't any.
Ah well, at least there's the internet.
0 x

Topic author
GothLord

Postby GothLord » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:43 pm

:( :( :( :(
0 x

Topic author
77-1033617124

Postby 77-1033617124 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:51 am

My g/f lives in AL. As soon as i get my own car and the money, im going to be moving there.....Northeastern AL, town called Eldridge. I have another friend near there thats goth, town of Carbon Hill.
0 x

Topic author
GothLord

Postby GothLord » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:41 am

I've actually begun a very cool friendship thanks to these boards! :D
0 x

ADeadFinch
Minauros

Postby ADeadFinch » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:19 pm

i lived in Alabama for 12 years. don't know any goths in Athens....or Huntsville...
0 x
Not everyone who wanders is lost

kitsune
Cania

Postby kitsune » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:25 pm

If there's anyone still checking this thread, I just got home from a year in Japan and the only other goth I knew (and never really liked) has disappeared. My best friend left me to go to Ecuador for the summer and won't be home until she comes back to pack up her stuff and move to Orlando. Anyway, to end this little pity party, I am bored out of my mind--I need people to talk to and things to do. If anyone knows of anything in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area, let me know.
0 x
I'm going to die now. . .

Zeph
Malbolge
Location: Currently AWOL in China. Leave a msg after the beep.

Postby Zeph » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:39 pm

Unfortunately.

And moreso -- southern AL, as in gulf-area. Whereas the few that have posted in this thread seem more ... northerly. Ah well. Let me know if anyone roadtrips down here.
0 x
Do you wrestle with dreams? Do you contend with shadows? Do you move in a kind of sleep?
Time has slipped away. Your life is stolen. You tarried with trifles, Victim of your folly.

the elusive black cat
Dis

Postby the elusive black cat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:40 pm

im an alabama goth from mobile,that place that got hit by a hurricane,and if your looking for alabama goths you should probably check there first cause there were the most their,but still hard to find.im in nor cal right now but will visit mobile again in november!if youd like i can ininvertantly hook u up wit some o my freinds dowm there.
0 x
just like a rain drop i was born baby to fall ,and scale these prison walls-acid bath

Alchemist of 14
Avernus

Postby Alchemist of 14 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:24 pm

any Mobile Al goths?
0 x

typhon
Avernus

Postby typhon » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:49 pm

I'm from Gulf Shores, Alabama. There is one other "real" goth here. In Mobile, is there an actual scene? Are there any kind of industrial clubs or any bands of the trad goth/deathrock/industrial/gothabilly/etc genre there? If so, please give me some information. I get my car in the next couple of months (freedom!), and I'd like to check it out, meet people, etc.
0 x

Zeph
Malbolge
Location: Currently AWOL in China. Leave a msg after the beep.

Postby Zeph » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:18 pm

I would welcome a correction if I am wrong, but as far as I know -- no, there really isn't. Aside from the mallrats and coffee shop nerds, with random decent few interspersed, Mobile is dead -- unfortunately in all the wrong senses of the word. Your best bet (post-Katrina) is to drive to P'cola, but I have yet to try that myself, so I couldn't suggest anywhere specific.

Of course, like I said, if anyone has news or information to the contrary: please correct me, as you will be immediately well-favored, as well as just generally showered with a great many ubercookies. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
0 x
Do you wrestle with dreams? Do you contend with shadows? Do you move in a kind of sleep?

Time has slipped away. Your life is stolen. You tarried with trifles, Victim of your folly.

typhon
Avernus

Postby typhon » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:11 pm

Zeph WroteColonI would welcome a correction if I am wrong, but as far as I know -- no, there really isn't. Aside from the mallrats and coffee shop nerds, with random decent few interspersed, Mobile is dead -- unfortunately in all the wrong senses of the word. Your best bet (post-Katrina) is to drive to P'cola, but I have yet to try that myself, so I couldn't suggest anywhere specific.

Of course, like I said, if anyone has news or information to the contrary: please correct me, as you will be immediately well-favored, as well as just generally showered with a great many ubercookies. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Pfft, mall goths and coffee shoppe nerds inhabit Pensacola as well. ??? No goth music scene in Alabama...too bad. Perhaps it is nice being one of the few goths around though. I've been working on some instrumental goth rock/piano music for a month or two now. Pretty soon, I'll be getting some female vocals from a friend of mine. It's just for something I like to do though. If we ever become a full fledged band, and do any kind of performance, you guys could come and we could express the fact that we exist, fee haw ho hum. Erm, but it's honestly just creative fun.
0 x

Alchemist of 14
Avernus

Postby Alchemist of 14 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:34 am

Eh...I hear say in west mobile but in reality i live across the bay and have not had a chance to see when i turn 15 my bro is gonna take me and my best friend but untill then i just hear about things but there is a huge Goth community at my high school so i am content for now
0 x

Social Media

Return to “North America”