The forums have now been linked to the main GOTH.NET website. You must create (or log into) an account on the main website before you can log into the forums.

If you had an account on the forums before the main site and forums were linked, you can use your forums username and password to log onto the main website, which you must do at least once before you can log into the forums again. You must also clear your forum cookies in your browser from before the link, or you will not be able to log on!

Note: It may take up to an hour after logging into the main site for credentials to work on the forums, however it SHOULD take less time. If you still can't logon after 1 hour, please feel free to contact us.

Thoughts and Sharing Thread

A place for discussion that's not necessarily of a Gothic nature.

Topic author
CoffinKid
Malbolge

Thoughts and Sharing Thread

Postby CoffinKid » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:39 pm

Well it seems there is always a random thread around that nobody cares about that us users just can't resist posting because we are so exciting over something, so at an attempt to keep the rest of the forum clean of the personal rants with no relevance I have decided to make a topic where everyone that wants to say something can say it without being flamed or ignored (as they should rightly be elsewhere.)

If a moderator doesn't like this idea feel free to delete it, it was just an idea I had and thought it might keep the rest of the board more orderly and it would be nice to have a place to openly talk about anything.

Since I started the topic, I'll make the first entry (as an example too I guess).
Today on the bus ride to school I was sitting down listening to my cd player without bothering anyone and five people just crowd around me and start to critisize my music without hearing it, expecting goth music to be reminiscent of nu-metal with screaming, heavy guitars, and some anti-religious lyrics. So I just stare at them and say, "Here you are, listen to this." Some song from the first SoM cd was playing, don't remember which one. One of the people heard it and passed it on to the other until they all got a listen. One says, "It's weird, but not bad." and the rest are all silent. I haven't been bothered by them ever since. Thankyou Andrew Eldritch! One of those moments I am so proud to be who I am.

Falko - nervous as to this topic's reception
0 x
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."

-T. E. Lawrence

despondent
Cania

Postby despondent » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:06 pm

I have actually wanted to start a thread similar to this, but alas I didn't have the courage. Go Falko!!! I really like this idea, it could get interesting.

I am just overwhelmed we a joyous sadness because I got to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but it was a really sad episode.

Isn't it nice saying something even though no one cares? *sighs happily*

DES
0 x
I'm not partying, I'm parting from the non creative.

Shadow
Maladomini

Postby Shadow » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:38 pm

While I have no problems with a thread of this kind, generally an online journal might be better suited for this content. Not only do you have the freedom to write whatever you want without fear of being scolded, but there are a lot of great features to take advantage of: security level, friends list, color schemes, etc.

I've had my LiveJournal for a while now, and I am quite fond of it.

Oh yeah, and Smallville was a good episode tonight.

---Shadow
0 x
Goth.Net's resident Ho. Often imitated, never duplicated.

"This is more dangerous than double dating with Danny Bonaduce on the Kennedy compound."
-Paul Heyman-

A little ShadowLove never hurt anybody.

Doth
Cania

Postby Doth » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:08 pm

As Shadow said, a journal is a good place to stick the stuff that nobody really wants to know about. I know I fill my LJ with all sorts of stuff. Usually ranty in nature.

However, my random bit of info for today is this: My lawyer can outtalk my boss. Isn't that great? :)

BTW CoffinKid, good on you for educating your harrasers. Now they'll have to find someone else to annoy.
0 x
"You try to wake up, but it's not a dream..."

Charlotte Sometimes
Cania

Postby Charlotte Sometimes » Thu May 01, 2003 12:42 pm

I'll share my bit.

There was supposed to be a strike tomorrow, which means no school, so I didn't study for the test. Now they announced there will be no strike. I'm fucked. :(
0 x
Catching a cold is quick this time, but fish? Fish may take a while...

74-1046041940

Postby 74-1046041940 » Thu May 01, 2003 2:00 pm

Charlotte Sometimes WroteColonI'll share my bit.

There was supposed to be a strike tomorrow, which means no school, so I didn't study for the test. Now they announced there will be no strike. I'm fucked. :(

Perhaps you could talk to your teacher? S/he's human and ought to understand.

~Juliet - doesn't believe anyone would do schoolwork if they thought they would not be attending school the next day :p
0 x

blood_rose
Nessus

Postby blood_rose » Thu May 01, 2003 2:23 pm

Even though an online journal woul be a good idea, I like the idea of a random vignettes thread. Just as long a it doesn't get whiny, bitchy, annoying or too long. Maybe a 500 word limit on people's personal stories.

I saw a guy last night randomly came up to me and said hi and planted a big kiss on my cheek. Normally I would have ripped out his larynx, but he was extremely drunk. And he had THEE WORST fashion sense I've ever witnessed.

Check this out...
overweight and short, with:
a skirt
a cowboy hat
shaved eyebrows
goatee

and he kept asking me if I liked Cradle of Filth. Thank god my girlfriends were there to protect me.

~blood rose~
0 x
Goth.Net Samurai of Flaming

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

74-1046041940

Postby 74-1046041940 » Thu May 01, 2003 2:39 pm

lol @ BR's experience.

I was in the bookstore last weekend when a guy holding a *HUGE* framed pencil sketch (of a naked chick in a fantasy setting) comes up to me and asks if I would model for him.

>.>
<.<
>.>

I declined, knowing my luck, he may have turned out to be a psycho rapist with a fetish for hanging people up by their belly-buttons.

......it was still flattering though :p

~Juliet
0 x

thetragicclown
Nessus

Postby thetragicclown » Thu May 01, 2003 2:39 pm

I just watched a fascinating documentary about bare-knuckle fighting in Georgian England, which focused specifically on one Bill Richmond; a black slave turned cabinet maker who eventually opened London's first professional boxing academy at what is now Trafalgar square.

Absolutely riveting stuff. He was essentially the Georgian Muhammed Ali.
0 x
V4VG.net - A British Gaming Blog

Astarael
Minauros

Postby Astarael » Thu May 01, 2003 3:55 pm

I don't have a lot of time after school to do my homework because I do track team. So last weekend I decided to do all of my homework for the coming week in advance (I have a syllabus). When I got to school on Monday the teacher announced that she had changed the syllabus.
0 x
When life gives you lemons, just shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons.

Lilith
Nessus

Postby Lilith » Thu May 01, 2003 4:07 pm

blood_rose WroteColonThank god my girlfriends were there to protect me.

There to protect you or him? :P

My vignet... yesterday I was at Port Authority in NYC meeting up with a friend. I had bought a bottle of Fruitopia and walked outside to see if my friend was already there. Some guy was outside with his friend and started singing the Fruitopia jingle at me as I walked past.

Odd.

Lilith
0 x
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Son of Stoker
Cania

Postby Son of Stoker » Thu May 01, 2003 4:20 pm

I didn't even know there was a Fruitopia jingle.
0 x
"...in this future world education has continued to degrade, and we see adults reading aloud from Fun With Dick and Jane, a book that on first reading I found redundant and lacking in irony."

--Roger Ebert, reviewing The Island

100-1050781467

Postby 100-1050781467 » Thu May 01, 2003 4:28 pm

Son of Stoker WroteColonI didn't even know there was a Fruitopia jingle.

There is? :i
0 x

Nachtzehrer
Nessus

Postby Nachtzehrer » Thu May 01, 2003 4:57 pm

I don't know about any Fruitopia jingle, but I know that that freaky Fanta jingle with all of those fembot-looking Fantana girls makes me feel like a half-terrified, half turned-on 13 year old again . . .
0 x
"The sleep of reason breeds monsters" ~Francisco de Goya

"You see, to them you're just a freak . . . like me!" ~The Joker

ShadowCrow
Nessus

Postby ShadowCrow » Thu May 01, 2003 5:33 pm

blood_rose WroteColonand he kept asking me if I liked Cradle of Filth. Thank god my girlfriends were there to protect me.

Now what on earth is wrong with listening to CoF? ;)

Today I woke up next to the woman that I think I love and has been together with the last 4 years. Recently I have started to feel very (especially) happy when being around her, and one look on her is all I need to remind me of why I have spent those 4 years with the same girl (not really my style to limit myself to one girl before I met her)... I am getting old and soft. F*cking hate it.

Other interesting information is that I broke a gun (an H&K MP5 <-- expensive gun) while doing some Close Quarter Battle-training today, lucky for me I don't need to pay for it.
Tomorrow I am off to do some serious clubbing at Club Marasm here in my city. It will be a blast with a gather at my friends place before the acctual club opens. I even got my GF to gear up and join me tomorrow. Quite excited.
I am in great need of sugar right now and will now stop writing here and eat my kingsize terribly nutritious Mars KingSize chocklatebar instead...

Edited By ShadowCrow on 1051836040
0 x
ShadowCrow
- Regimus Neque Hostis -
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is good men doing nothing.”

Social Media

Return to “General Discussion”